cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAC (Call Admission Control) in TA908

I am trying to configure CAC (Call Admission Control) in a TA908 and cannot find an info.  Does anyone have an example config that they could share?

Thank you,

Stephen

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAC (Call Admission Control) in TA908

Hello and thank you for posting to our forum.

If you have some basic SIP configuration for your application, I can help you come up with a config that should work in the same manner as CAC.

What type of physical connection do you have from the ADTRAN to the SIP Server or next hop?  T1, Ethernet?

Do you know if you will be using G.711 or G.729 for calls out the SIP trunk?

Based on the answers to the questions above, we can calculate the max-number of calls to be allowed on the SIP voice trunk.  For example, if you are using G.711, we can approximate the bandwidth of each call be be about 90k.  If you have a  data T1 connection, then you have about 1544k bandwidth.  1544k / 90k = 17.16 calls.  To be safe, you can set the max-number of calls to 15 (although 17 should be fine).

In addition, we can put an accept with a higher cost on a different voice trunk so the ADTRAN will use a different trunk (and a different physical interface on the ADTRAN) should the max-number of calls be reached on the SIP trunk.  Below would be an example config:

voice trunk T01 type sip

description "T1 to SIP"

sip-server primary 10.1.1.250

max-number-calls 15

!

voice trunk T02 type sip

description "Overflow SIP"

sip-server primary 192.168.1.250

!

voice grouped-trunk SIP

trunk T01

accept $ cost 0

!

voice grouped-trunk Overflow

trunk T02

accept $ cost 50

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Geoff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAC (Call Admission Control) in TA908

Hello Stephen,

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.” If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Regards,

Geoff