cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgentry
New Contributor

Can the 900e support a 100 mbps ethernet connection.

I am connecting a 924e to a fiber fed cisco router via the ethernet port at 100 mbps.  Can the Adtran handle this speed?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
jgentry
New Contributor

Re: Can the 900e support a 100 mbps ethernet connection.

This is a metro ethernet handoff from the lec, we are going to be running 24 of the fxs ports, a pri on one of the T1 interfaces and data off of the other ethernet port.  Can the 924e support this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The 908e only supports 8 FXS.

You will need the 924e model number 4242924L1 to support 24FXS.

I have never tried to put a full 100mb through a 900e device perhaps someone from Adtran can answer this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know the NV6300 series only support 45MB (from Adtran support and my testing) throughput. I was under the impression that the TA900 series is the same but I have not found the old email that I asked this question yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just dug out some old correspondence from Adtran. The NV6300's were 45MB except the NV6355 supports 82MB in router mode and higher if you just use the switch part and it also has two fiber ports.

The WAN port is 10/100 MBPS for an uplink; it can get up to 100 MBPS but when/if the stateful inspection firewall is enabled the throughput will be less.

You will be looking at 20 MBPS packet forwarding rate on the 10/100 port for the TA-9XXe models.

I hope this helps.

jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

It depends.  With no crypto, minimal firewall, large packets such as bulk file transfers and general web browsing, and IP FFE enabled it can come pretty close.

If you have mostly small packets (like RTP), stateful firewall, crypto VPN, policy routing, SIP proxy, etc, you'll likely run out of juice at 20 mbits/s or maybe even less.

Anonymous
Not applicable

jgentry:

The TA9xxE products are not rated for anything greater than 25Mbps.

Regards,

Ronnie Colvin

Adtran Applications Engineering