cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waveoflag
New Contributor

Dial Plan and Audio Drops

Morning everyone,

I've run into an interesting issue today, we have a TA912 that has pots lines coming out the back of it. Some of these lines connect to various equipment that is programmed to dial 9 before the actual telephone number. Some of the lines are not. Right now we have a dual trunk configuration that has two separate dial plans, and we assign each line to its respective trunk.

This works great, except that on inbound calls there is a drop in audio (about once every 5-10 seconds). My coworker thinks that this can be attributed to our dual trunk configuration. So my question is: Is it possible to consolidate these two trunks? Is it possible that having two trunks could cause an issue like this?

I've attached an example of our configuration.

Thanks!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Dial Plan and Audio Drops

I doubt that the audio dropouts have anything to do with your dialplan.

Have you tried configuring "no vad" on the voice users?  Also "no call-waiting" unless you want call waiting, as this will cause audio artifacts when a second call comes in. 

The problem is most likely VAD which is voice activity detection.  It causes RTP to stop when the audio level drops below a threshold as a bandwidth-saving measure. You really only need it on very low-speed links and it will cause audio issues.  Turn it off and give it a try.  If the other end of the call has VAD enabled, turn it off there too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I just wanted to check back in with you to see if you are still having problems.  If so, feel free to respond with any additional questions you may have

here.

Regards,

Geoff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sawyer,

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.” If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Regards,

Geoff