cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Firmware A5.03.00

Jump to solution

I just noticed that the A5.03.00 firmware update has been removed.  I am having no luck finding the reason why.  We are currently using this firmware and I was wondering if anyone knew why it was removed.  Thanks for your help in advance.

TA 900e 2nd gen

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Firmware A5.03.00

Jump to solution

:

ADTRAN removed the A5.03.00 firmware from the website because of numerous customer initiated technical support calls due to an issue that existed in that version of code. We did provide a notice of this issue in the A5.03 release notes, but enough customers still reported the issue so we decided to remove it from the website.

The A5.03.00 release notes stated:

Notice of Issue with RFC 3264 Media On Hold Method

If the ADTRAN unit receives an SDP offer with the RFC 3264 sendonly attribute to place the call on hold, it will not begin sending RTP again when a sendrecv attribute is received to remove the call from hold.

If you do not place calls on hold using RFC 3264, then you will not see this issue.

Please, let me know if you have any additional questions.  I will be happy to assist you in any way we can.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I had issues with this firmware on a NV644 and I know it was removed for most models.

My guess is that there was a problem with that build.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I was working with Adtran Support a couple weeks ago and asked why A5.03 was never released for the 900e's and they said there were known issues with it, they recommended that I use R10.3.1. So far so good with R10.3.1 on both 900 and 900e.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

ADTRAN removed the A5.03.00 firmware from the website because of numerous customer initiated technical support calls due to an issue that existed in that version of code. We did provide a notice of this issue in the A5.03 release notes, but enough customers still reported the issue so we decided to remove it from the website.

The A5.03.00 release notes stated:

Notice of Issue with RFC 3264 Media On Hold Method

If the ADTRAN unit receives an SDP offer with the RFC 3264 sendonly attribute to place the call on hold, it will not begin sending RTP again when a sendrecv attribute is received to remove the call from hold.

If you do not place calls on hold using RFC 3264, then you will not see this issue.

Please, let me know if you have any additional questions.  I will be happy to assist you in any way we can.

Levi

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Seth,

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered".  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks!

David