cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
technut
New Contributor II

Have to reboot adtran 924 because of no inbound or outbound calls can be made.

Jump to solution

Does anyone know how I can troubleshoot an issue with this adtran 924 total access?  We have our internet and main phone line coming in through the adtran router.  At least once a week I have to reboot it because we cannot receive inbound calls or make outbound calls we just receive a busy signal.  I not very familiar with the AOS firmware but I can get around.  If anyone can point me to where the logs or some commands that can be run to start the troubleshooting process that would be perfect.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Have to reboot adtran 924 because of no inbound or outbound calls can be made.

Jump to solution

Hello technut,

Thanks for posting to our forum!  Getting a debug from the ADTRAN unit would almost certainly allow us to find out where the problem is.  First of all, you will need to get CLI (command line) access.  If you are not familiar with accessing the unit from the command line, this guide will help: Accessing the Command Line Interface in AOS

Once you have access to the unit, you need to be in privileged (or enable mode).  This is covered on page 3 of the above document.  In enable mode, we can run debug commands to look at SIP, PRI, T1 RBS, Analog FXS, and internal call routing inside the ADTRAN unit.  In order to determine which debugs to use, I would like to check out your Voice configuration on the ADTRAN.  From enable mode, can you send me the output of this show command:

show run voice

Feel free to remove any IP addresses, phone numbers, or sensitive information since this is a forum.  Once we look at the voice config we can suggest the appropriate debugs to run.

Thanks,

Geoff

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Have to reboot adtran 924 because of no inbound or outbound calls can be made.

Jump to solution

Hello technut,

Thanks for posting to our forum!  Getting a debug from the ADTRAN unit would almost certainly allow us to find out where the problem is.  First of all, you will need to get CLI (command line) access.  If you are not familiar with accessing the unit from the command line, this guide will help: Accessing the Command Line Interface in AOS

Once you have access to the unit, you need to be in privileged (or enable mode).  This is covered on page 3 of the above document.  In enable mode, we can run debug commands to look at SIP, PRI, T1 RBS, Analog FXS, and internal call routing inside the ADTRAN unit.  In order to determine which debugs to use, I would like to check out your Voice configuration on the ADTRAN.  From enable mode, can you send me the output of this show command:

show run voice

Feel free to remove any IP addresses, phone numbers, or sensitive information since this is a forum.  Once we look at the voice config we can suggest the appropriate debugs to run.

Thanks,

Geoff

0 Kudos
technut
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response Geoff.  It will take me a couple of days to get this info since I do not have a cable on hand to connect to the adtran unit.  I should have it for you sometime next week.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

In most instances you don't need a cable.

You should be able to access the unit either by SSH or Telnet.

If don't have the password to unit then a cable is required.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello,

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.” If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Regards,

Geoff

technut
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Hi Geoff,  I finally received the cable after all this time.  I have run the show run voice command and these are the results:

Building configuration...

!

!

voice feature-mode network

voice forward-mode network

!

!

!

!

!

voice dial-plan 2 local NXX-XXX-XXXX

voice dial-plan 3 long-distance 1-NXX-XXX-XXXX

voice dial-plan 4 international 011-$

!

!

voice spre 1 *XX

!

!

!

voice class-of-service Advantage

billing-codes

block-caller-id

call-privilege all

camp-on

disable-callwaiting

dnd

external-fwd

forward

hold

hotel

logout-group

message-waiting

park

program-user-speed

redial

remote-fwd

retrieve-park

return-last-call

station-lock

system-speed

transfer

user-speed

!

voice codec-list 729-711

codec g729

codec g711ulaw

!

voice codec-list 711

codec g711ulaw

!

!

voice trunk T25 type sip

description "SIP Trunk"

no reject-external

sip-server primary xxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.com

registrar primary xxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.com

outbound-proxy primary xxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.com

domain "xxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.com"

codec-group 729-711

!

!

voice grouped-trunk "SIP TRUNK GROUP"

no description

trunk T25

accept $ cost 0

!

!

voice user 1034

connect fxs 0/1

cos "Advantage"

password encrypted "jdjdjdjjjjejjeueudjdjjdjdjdjd"

message-waiting dialtone-only

sip-identity 1034 T25 register auth-name "xxxxxxx" password encrypted "jdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdj"

modem-passthrough

codec-group 729-711

!

!

voice user 1035

connect fxs 0/2

cos "Advantage"

password encrypted "jdjdjdjjdjdjkdjeueueujdjdjdjdjd"

sip-identity 1035 T25 register auth-name " xxxxxxx " password encrypted "jdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjjddjdjjd"

modem-passthrough

codec-group 729-711

!

!

voice user 1036

connect fxs 0/3

cos "Advantage"

password encrypted "jdjdjdjjdjdjkdjeueueujdjdjdjdjd"

sip-identity 1036 T25 register auth-name " xxxxxxx " password encrypted "ueuhhhgfgfggdgdgtywtwtw"

modem-passthrough

codec-group 729-711

!

!

voice user 1037

connect fxs 0/4

cos "Advantage"

password encrypted "994898484838u4u4uuu47847837uruyruyr"

sip-identity 1037 T25 register auth-name " xxxxxxx " password encrypted "111111111111111111111"

modem-passthrough

codec-group 729-711

!

!

voice user 1038

connect fxs 0/5

cos "Advantage"

password encrypted "222222222222222222222222222"

sip-identity 1038 T25 register auth-name " xxxxxxx " password encrypted "22222222222222333333333"

modem-passthrough

codec-group 729-711

!

!

voice user 1039

connect fxs 0/6

cos "Advantage"

password encrypted "111111111111111111111"

sip-identity 1039 T25 register auth-name " xxxxxxx " password encrypted "111111111111111111111"

modem-passthrough

codec-group 729-711

!

!

voice user 1040

connect fxs 0/7

cos "Advantage"

sip-identity 1040 T25 register auth-name " xxxxxxx " password encrypted "111111111111111111111"

modem-passthrough

codec-group 729-711

!

!

voice user 1041

connect fxs 0/8

cos "Advantage"

sip-identity 1041 T25 register auth-name " xxxxxxx " password encrypted "111111111111111111111"

modem-passthrough

codec-group 729-711

!

!

!

!

!

end

Thanks again

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Please port the output of "show version"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

To see the logs you can run "show event-history"

technut
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

show version
ADTRAN, Inc. OS version 16.05.00.SA.E
  Checksum: 91FB0383, built on Thu Jun 19 08:47:44 2008
  Upgrade key: 11111111111111111111111111111111
Boot ROM version 14.04.00
  Checksum: 8519, built on: Wed Apr 11 15:24:19 2007
Copyright (c) 1999-2007, ADTRAN, Inc.
Platform: Total Access 924, part number 4210924L2, CLEI code is SIM5L00BRA
Serial number CFG0450435
Flash: 16777216 bytes  DRAM: 67108863 bytes

zzzzzzzzz uptime is 0 days, 0 hours, 52 minutes, 5 seconds

slot 0, DSP 1
  DSP software version: G1.16.05.03
  DSP hardware version: Freescale MSC7116
  Total channels: 24

System returned to ROM by External Hard Reset
Current system image file is "NONVOL:/9210916-2A1605SA.biz"
Boot system image file is "NONVOL:/9210916-2A1605SA.biz"
Primary system configuration file is "startup-config"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Try upgrading the firmware (your version is over four years old):

https://www.adtran.com/web/page/portal/Adtran/product/4210924L2

I found that it fixes many problems.

Here is a link on directions to install the upgrade:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/1672-102-2-1720/Upgrading%20Firmwar...

If this doesn't do the trick next time the system goes down login and run the following commands and post the output:

debug sip stack messages

debug voice verbose

Also post the output of the event logs.

technut
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

I am sure there is a way. But I would like to know the commands to run to backup the firmware that is running on the unit now externally?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The TotalAccess will allow you to keep a primary and secondary firmware at the same time.

Upload the the new firmware, set the current firmware as secondary and the new as primary.

If you run into any problems you can easily revert back.

The web GUI has this under Utilities -> Firmware or you can follow the steps listed in the document I posted above.

technut
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Hi Unified, is there a way to find out what the web password is without having to contact the provider since they created it and the password is encrypted in the startup-config files.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Just add a new user:

username "newuser" password "password"