cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I failover calls from a full PRI (23 channels busy) on TA 908e 3rdGen to another ADTRAN pri on another WAN connection?

Hi all.  We have two 908e adtrans, one in one location, the other at another geographic location.  Their voice network is connected through a Site-to-Site VPN connection and calls will go out through a pbx at each location and to the 908e 3rd Gen to our SIP trunk providers through Internet WANs.  If one of the adtran's pri gets full, will the calls rollover to the other adtran?  Would there need to be intervention from their PBX's to get the calls over to either location?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can I failover calls from a full PRI (23 channels busy) on TA 908e 3rdGen to another ADTRAN pri on another WAN connection?

yes that can easily be accomplished.  You would just create a SIP trunk on each 908e pointing to each other and have the cost higher than your outbound SIP trunk. In the AOS, the lower the cost the higher the preference and the  default cost is zero in the trunk groups.

Here iis a basic configuration of what you are trying to do, let me know if you have any questions. you would have same thing on other 908e, but just swap the IPs in the T02 sip trunk section.

! In this example, 10.1.4.5 is the sip server and 172.16.1.1 is the 908e at remote site.

! SIP TRUNK CONFIGURATION

!

voice trunk T01 type sip

description "Internet SIP Server"

sip-server primary 10.1.4.5

!

voice grouped-trunk SIP_PROVIDER

trunk T01

accept $

!

!

voice trunk T02 type sip