cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dxvand2
New Contributor

Is the Adtran SBC supported with a NEC Univerge 3c?

Is Adtran's SBC certified to work with an NEC Univerge 3c? Need to be able to support SIP registration to a Broadsoft platform.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is the Adtran SBC supported with a NEC Univerge 3c?

We have an installation guide for the NEC SV8100

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-7807

It is up to the carrier to “certify” the SBC. The ADTRAN SBC can work with any PBX it just depends on how the softswitch is configured and what it is looking for regarding how the SIP headers are formatted. The SBC then needs to be configured to match what the softswitch is looking for either through commands or HMR.

Does that make sense?

-Mark

dxvand2
New Contributor

Thanks Mark, I understand as the carrier we have certified the Adtran SBC with our Softswitch (Broadsoft). I guess I was hoping for a install guide and additional documentation specific to the NEC 3C.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No. Closest thing we have is what is in the document I shared previously.

-Mark

jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

That may be something to ask NEC, as they would be the ones to to interop testing with their PBX. However there's a pretty powerful SIP toolbox in the Adtran TA900, especially with SBC. It will very likely "just work" with a pretty stock configuration.

In many ways, the SIP tweaks needed for interoperability with a given PBX or carrier are easier to navigate than the ISDN ones.