cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple SIP Registrations - Forcing Outbound Over Single SIP Trunk

Jump to solution

I have an Adtran Total Access 908e that uses 3 SIP providers for inbound traffic.  We would like to force all outbound traffic over our SIP trunk.  What's the best way to accomplish this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple SIP Registrations - Forcing Outbound Over Single SIP Trunk

Jump to solution

Simplesignal,

Thanks for posting!  If you plan to use only one SIP trunk for outbound calls, we need to only apply a grouped-truck for that one trunk.  Below is an example.

voice trunk T01 type sip

description "Outbound and Inbound SIP Trunk"

sip-server primary <IP Address>

!

voice trunk T02 type sip

description "Inbound SIP Trunk"

!

voice trunk T03 type sip

!

voice grouped-trunk SIP

trunk T01

accept $ cost 0

In this example, we could accept SIP Invites from the IP addresses associated with the three separate SIP trunks, but outbound SIP Invites will only be sent out to the IP address associated with voice trunk T01.  My next concern would be that SIP Invites received on T02 or T03 might be sent out T01 when that is not the desired behavior.  We would want to make sure that any grouped-trunk associated with a PRI or CAS trunk has accept statements that include the specific DIDs.  This would ensure that inbound calls prefer the more specific entries on the PRI or CAS trunk to the more general "accept $ cost 0" on the SIP trunk. 

Hope this helps,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Simplesignal,

Thanks for posting!  If you plan to use only one SIP trunk for outbound calls, we need to only apply a grouped-truck for that one trunk.  Below is an example.

voice trunk T01 type sip

description "Outbound and Inbound SIP Trunk"

!

voice trunk T02 type sip

!

voice trunk T03 type sip

!

voice grouped-trunk SIP

trunk T01

accept $ cost 0

In this example, we could accept SIP Invites from the IP addresses associated with the three separate SIP trunks, but outbound SIP Invites will only be sent out to the IP address associated with voice trunk T01.  My next concern would be that SIP Invites received on T02 or T03 might be sent out T01 when that is not the desired behavior.  We would want to make sure that any grouped-trunk associated with a PRI or CAS trunk has accept statements that include the specific DIDs.  This would ensure that inbound calls prefer the more specific entries on the PRI or CAS trunk to the more general "accept $ cost 0" on the SIP trunk. 

Hope this helps,

David

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Simplesignal,

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered".  If the response on this thread assisted you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons.  This will make it visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks!

David