cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rivera
New Contributor II

Need help / Boot command TA908

I am trying to set a new configuration file as the one will be use by the TA908 in the next reload. The AOS version I the device has is:

TA908#sh ver
ADTRAN, Inc. OS version A4.11.00.E
  Mainline Version: M04
  Checksum: 829316F6
  Built on: Mon Jan 23 17:04:51 2012
  Upgrade key: 95d1b576aed415646b73dd5addded339
Hardware version DSP7119-2ndGen
Boot ROM version 14.04.00
  Checksum: 8549
  Built on: Wed Apr 11 15:24:20 2007
Copyright (c) 1999-2007, ADTRAN, Inc.
Platform: Total Access 908 (2nd Gen), part number 4212908L1

Here is the command output when try to configured:

TA908#boot ?
system                - System image file
voip                  - VoIP image file

TA908#boot

According to the manual I should have the option of boot config as is in the manual:

boot config command to modify system boot parameters by specifying the location and name of no form of this command to use the default startup

Thanks for your help in advance.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help / Boot command TA908

Rivera,

Thanks for posting!  The "boot config" option is not available in A4.11.00 firmware.  However, that command is available in the new R10.x firmware available for download at http://www.adtran.com .

In A4.11.00, the unit will always boot up and use the configuration file labeled "startup-config" from within flash memory.  If you have already uploaded the file you wish to be the new startup-config for the unit, you can use the copy command to overwrite your current startup-config file.  Below is the template for how this is entered.

copy <filename> startup-config

This will overwrite any startup-config file already on the unit.  If you have any other questions, feel free to add them to this post.

Thanks!

David

rivera
New Contributor II

Thanks David, which of the 5 version of the firmware should I use ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rivera,

Most of our customers are running R10.3.2 at this time.  Any of the versions on our web site, http://www.adtran.com, have had extensive testing before release and should be fine, but the R10.3.2 version has had the most time in the field.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rivera,

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered".  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks!

David