cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
myadtranstuff
New Contributor

Not enough room for AOS?

I'm trying to upgrade a bunch of TA900 but I'm running into an issue where the new image is too large to coexist with the existing image.  How do you work around this.    Deleting the current image really isn't an option because these IADs are all over the country and you are completely screwed if the router reboots after you have deleted the image but the new image is not on the box yet.

Where these routers are located there is no way to know if the box has a good UPS or not, we don't have any idea if there is a UPS at all.   

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tshea
New Contributor II

Re: Not enough room for AOS?

The existing image can be deleted while the adtran is running. As long as you don't reboot you won't run into issues. Upload the new primary firmware and only then you can reboot.

You may also have random stuff sitting in the flash memory, you could run a "dir" or "show flash" and see if there are any files in there that should be deleted. Sometimes invalid firmwares get stuck I notice if they are labeled incorrectly with a (1) when uploaded. The only way I know to delete those is through CLI.

Re: Not enough room for AOS?

"As long as you don't reboot you won't run into issues."  

Well that's the issue.  I have no way to control if the box gets rebooted during the upgrade.    With the number 900s to update it's inevitable that one is going to take a power hit or something during the upgrade that we can't control.     Then in some cases we'll have a user who has more than 24 hours of downtime because we're shipping a replacement.     

Sounds like a case of AOS becoming to bloated with features that will likely never be used again.