cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baynetworks4life
New Contributor

Only able to set t1-rbs voice trunk role to "network", not "user"

Jump to solution

I have tried on multiple Adtran TA devices to run the below, but always get a syntax error. Setting to "role network" allows me to create the trunk, but obviously it does not function as intended.

voice trunk T02 type t1-rbs supervision wink role user

Is there some other pre-configuration command that needs to be entered before I can set the role as user? I have tried on both 908E and 924E 2nd gen units. I am ripping my hair out and can't seem to find anything pertinent in the AOS reference - it indicates I should just be able to run the command.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Only able to set t1-rbs voice trunk role to "network", not "user"

Jump to solution

Hello Sawyer,

The only IP Business Gateway AOS device that supports Telco/PSTN facing CAS trunks is the NV 644 - it can do both USER and NETWORK role.

All other IPBG AOS devices only support NETWORK role for CAS trunks.  The intended design is for the IPBG to act as the NETWORK for a PBX.  Other than the NV 644, they are not intended to terminate PSTN CAS trunks or act as the USER for a PBX configured as NETWORK.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

E&M wink RBS signaling is symmetrical. You should be able to bookend two TA900 units set for RBS wink role network to each other and have it work just fine, or one to a PBX, or one to a telco wink-start T1 RBS trunk. The word "network" in an RBS configuration is just a required keyword that really does nothing.

Specifically how is the trunk not performing as expected?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello Sawyer,

The only IP Business Gateway AOS device that supports Telco/PSTN facing CAS trunks is the NV 644 - it can do both USER and NETWORK role.

All other IPBG AOS devices only support NETWORK role for CAS trunks.  The intended design is for the IPBG to act as the NETWORK for a PBX.  Other than the NV 644, they are not intended to terminate PSTN CAS trunks or act as the USER for a PBX configured as NETWORK.

Regards,

Geoff

0 Kudos