cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cfrass66
New Contributor

Platform: Total Access 908e (3rd Gen), part number 4243908F2SBC : How many PRI's can be supported off this unit

I was able to configure 4 pri's off this unit and they are all up. Just want to make sure this is approved and can the unit support 92 concurrent calls.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Platform: Total Access 908e (3rd Gen), part number 4243908F2SBC : How many PRI's can be supported off this unit

Based on the 900_900e comparision chart, the 4243908F2 can support 4 WAN T1 circuits or 4 TDM voice circuits for terminating T1/PRI to a PBX.

The maximum number of calls would be limited to 60 TDM to IP conversions on the model you are using. I have attached the sheet for reference.

jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Platform: Total Access 908e (3rd Gen), part number 4243908F2SBC : How many PRI's can be supported off this unit

4 PRIs yes. 92 concurrent calls, no. There are 60 DSP resources in hardware, each of which can handle one RTP-TDM call. We've never pushed 60 but I seem to recall a couple of DSPs reserved for internal use. T.38 fax is limited to 30 concurrent. It'll do two PRIs plus a handful of FXS ports at the same time just fine.

Also no NFAS. Each physical PRI needs a D-channel.