cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dustinm
New Contributor

RTCP Report Generation

Jump to solution

How do you enable RTCP report generation on the Total Access 900e Series devices?

I have VQM & SIP RTP monitoring enabled, but it doesn't appear that any RTCP packets are being sent by the TA900e along with the RTP stream.

Does the TA900e support sending RTCP reports along with the RTP stream?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RTCP Report Generation

Jump to solution

Hello and thank you for posting to our forum.

When turned on, VQM will look at received RTCP but the DSP in the ADTRAN does not send it or look at at.  VQM has the ability to export some statistics but there is no way for the TA 900(e)s to do so.

Page 60 in this guide discusses Exporting Stats from VQM: 

Configuring Voice Quality Monitoring (VQM) in AOS

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dustinm
New Contributor

Jump to solution

To get a little more specific:

ITSP SBC <--SIP--> TA900e <--PRI--> PBX

I'd like the TA900e to send RTCP reports to the SIP ITSP during the call so that the ITSP's SBC can monitor VoIP quality.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello and thank you for posting to our forum.

When turned on, VQM will look at received RTCP but the DSP in the ADTRAN does not send it or look at at.  VQM has the ability to export some statistics but there is no way for the TA 900(e)s to do so.

Page 60 in this guide discusses Exporting Stats from VQM: 

Configuring Voice Quality Monitoring (VQM) in AOS

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Geoff

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello.

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Regards,

Geoff