cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

SIP Trunk to IP-PBX

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered. I have a customer that wants to do a SIP Trunk to a IP-PBX (not PRI). Should I have them use a TA908e or a NetVanta product? Also could you provide a sample config how I would set up. Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SIP Trunk to IP-PBX

Meyerj66,

Thanks for posting!  The TA900 series can route calls between two SIP trunks.  You will first want to setup basic IP connectivity on the unit and verify with "ping" or "traceroute" that you are able to reach both devices.  The voice configuration would just need to include two separate SIP trunks as shown below.

voice trunk T01 type sip

description "Connection to SIP provider"

sip-server primary <IP address>

!

voice trunk T02 type sip

description "Connection to SIP PBX"

sip-server primary <IP address>

!

voice grouped-trunk SIP_Provider

trunk T01

accept $ cost 0

!

voice grouped-trunk SIP_PBX

trunk T02

accept <DID> cost 0

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I would use a TA908e eth 0/1 would be the WAN link and eth 0/2 would

connect to the IP-PBX with a 192.168.100.1 for example. So would the

sip-server primary on T02 be the same as T01 or the 192.168.100.1 address?

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 3:49 PM, david <adtran@sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

Meyerj66,

A TA908e would work as you suggest regarding the "eth 0/1" and "eth 0/2" interfaces.  It is best to setup the unit as a basic router first.  You will assign IP addresses to each interface, add a default route, and apply NAT if necessary.

The "sip-server primary" IP address for each trunk needs to be assigned with the IP address to which we are trying to connect on that trunk.  You do not want any "sip-server primary" to specify an IP address configured on an IP interface on that same unit.  So in the example, one SIP trunk's sip-server primary would reference the SIP server IP address on the provider side, and the other sip-server primary setting would reference the IP address of the SIP PBX.

Thanks,

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have any sample configs of how this might be done with ECS-Server being the IP- PBX  I have setup what you have described and the call is coming in from the Public side being passed to the Internal trunk but in the process all the SIP header information is stripped and the private side  and the call apears to be getting stuck in some sort of routing loop .

Thanks for any help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jwable,

At the present time, with A4 or A5 firmware, the TA900 series can be used with ECS only in a PRI or FXO to SIP scenario.  When R10 firmware is released, we should be able to support the SIP to SIP scenario with ECS.  We are hopeful that R10 firmware will be made available in a few weeks.

Thanks!

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Meyerj66,

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered".  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks!

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

On a side note is there any way to subscribe to firmware updates. For instance when Adtran adds a new firmware we would get an email letting us know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Meyerj66,

At the present time, we do not have any way to notify customers of new firmware updates.  However, we are looking into ways to provide that service.  You may want to check back with us in a couple months to see if we have implemented it.  For now, you can just check in with us every couple of months since typically new firmware is released every 2-4 months.

Thanks!

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

David,

Now that R10 has been released is thier anyway to get a sample config to use a TA900 in conjunction with ECS doing a SIP to SIP connection?  Or at least a pointer to help identify what type of HMR would be needed in this scenario.  I hate having to use Non Adtran equipment when you are trying to sell a single vendor solution.

John Wable