cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wcsengineering
New Contributor

SIP to Analog Inbound to customer

Hi all, I have an Alarm company for a customer. We are doing Inbound to them only SIP to Analog. The customer system must be able to receive any or 200+ DIDs and Toll Free numbers and looks like basically it is a modem type system that once receiving the call from us , begins negotiating to other devices in which it is forwarded to whatever emergency service is appropriate. We have a 924e 3rd gen and we started with the customer connecting 2 lines to us for testing. We have 5 DIDs for testing that are configured on the Total Access and with 2 lines connected we can call any of those DIDs at the same time and it will use the first 2 fxs ports, the call completes and gets the proper tones expected and begins the negotiation on their side. On the 3rd call I see it try fxs3 but since it isnr connected it rings it 4X and then rolls to the fxs 4 port, rings 4X...etc. This was expected and poved that the Adtran would hunt if it did not receive answer.

We then had them connect 11 fxs ports to their system so we could try multiple calls at once and make sure they would fill those 11 channels. We know about the TA limitation to 10 simultaneous calls but built Voice Users and separate voice ring-groups for members 1-24 and assigned each member to each ring-group 1-24.

We can still only get 2 calls to be successful; and according to debug, it appears the TA is trying fxs 1 and or 2 when those are busy but does not roll to the subsequent lines, it drops the call and sends a busy.

We built another ring group and put coverage internal to the Ring groups 1-11 (customer only connected 11 or the 24 lines) for now and added the 5 DIDs under that ring group.

Can anyone tell me why it send the 3rd or 4th call to fxs 1 or 2 when they are busy?

0 Kudos