cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Star Codes not working on Adtran TA908

Jump to solution

Customer had their IT people swap out their phones and equipment on their half PRI and pots lines. Before the change out, they were able to use *72 just fine to forward their pots line to an answering service. After the equipment change out, they called us with some issues calling out. After making a few workaround changes on the Adtran, it worked just fine. They were unable to call 911 and had to make an entry for that too. Now, when they try to dial *72 to invoke call forwarding, they get an error message that the number cannot be completed as dialed. Tech tried directly off of the punch down block and are still getting an error message that the call cannot be completed as dialed. Is there something I am missing that will allow the star codes to pass through to the switch? Attached is the current configuration.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Re: Star Codes not working on Adtran TA908

Jump to solution

I wanted to provide the solution that resolved our issue. Come to find out, we just need to add a line

isdn switch-type 5ess

to be compatible with the unit the phone equipment vendor had installed. Once we did that star codes are working as they should. Thank you to all that assisted in their comments.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor

Jump to solution

On voice grouped-trunk T01 I would suggest adding the following

accept *X$

Highlighted
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Thanks shambler for your reply. I added that and we still get the same message that you call cannot be completed as dialed.

Highlighted
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Have you tried adding SPRE codes?

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-2875

Highlighted
New Contributor

Jump to solution

can you attach updated config with additional accept statement

Also gather following debugs

debug int fxs

debug voice verbose

debug sip stack messages

Highlighted
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

When I try to add the SPRE code is says "%SPRE code already mapped to Call last dialed number".

Highlighted
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

You will find the current config attached as well as the debug logs. On the debug logs another call came in right as we were testing so you may have to sort through that other data. Logs begin where she was trying *73 to deactivate Call Forward Always.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Jump to solution

the *73 originating from FXS 0/5 egresses ok out the T01 trunk to voip.lighttube.net

If that generates an error that is coming from the carrier level.

no *72 events detected in debug

If there was a *72 event from the customer did that originate from the PRI connection? if so I also noticed no *X$ ISDN trunk T02

Highlighted
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

We did not have the customer do *72 wince she does not want to activate the CFA. We test with *73 which will bring up the announcement that the CFA has been deactivated.

Highlighted
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

I added the accept *X$ to the T02 and then had them test. Still not working, I've included the debug. I'm starting to think this is a carrier issue.