cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kshymkiw
New Contributor

TA908e eSBC Feature Pack

Hello All,

I am trying to verify/validate some use cases with the TA908e (3rd gen) w/ eSBC Feature Pack.  I am having some problems even determining if I have the eSBC feature pack installed, and if not how to get it.

On the TA908 Page on the Adtran site, the 908e + eSBC Feature Pack is a different P/N, which i assume just means it will be a normal 908e w/ the eSBC feature pack pre-installed.  I have an existing 908 which is running 11.4.5E.  I am able to configure SIP Trunks, etc... but I don't see any different features, while I was under the impression from sales that the eSBC feature pack added some extra SBC functions.

How can I see if I have the eSBC feature pack on my 908e?  If I don't have it, how will I go about loading it?  Is it a different version of code, or just a license key I can apply via the CLI to unlock those features?

Any help is greatly appreciated.  This topic doesn't seem to be very well covered on the forums here.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TA908e eSBC Feature Pack

You can tell if you have the sbc feature pack if u can enter the following command from Global configuration Mode: ip rtp media-anchoring

If you get an error message then you don't have the software.

Let me know if u have another questions.

-Mark

Mark,

I see I don't have the software.  Which I kind of expected.  The next question I have is - Is it a special build, like the Enhanced Feature Pack on the 3448?  I don't see any links on the TA908e 3rd Gen page to download the Software + SBC Feature Pack.

Or is it just a license key I put in the CLI and the config options just start working after that?

Kevin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kevin,

We are in the middle of releasing licensing in our AOS products. As of right now you will need to enter the license key listed on the SBC upgrade certificate that will come with the purchase of the SBC software upgrade. At a later date once licensing is released, you will need to enter a new license, but you will need to upgrade the unit prior to this new license being implemented. At the time when a new license is required, appropriate documentation will be available to outline the new process.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

-Mark

mlconv
New Contributor

Mark,

Im hoping you can help me.  on this thread..... trying to convert sip to pri I have a SIP handoff from AT&T and they are passing me 10 digits ...

are the errors im getting because i might not have the licensing installed?  how can i go about getting the licensing?

jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I replied to that thread. You shouldn't need any special licensing for SIP-to-PRI. I think your issue is in the voice grouped-trunk accept list. See my reply in that thread.