cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kcfonman
New Contributor II

TA924 High CPU utilization and streaming Voice.Analog driver errors

Jump to solution

I have a 924 with 1 PRI and 4 anaolog ports.  The PRI is working with no errors.  The analog ports have a high amount a noise on them.  The console port is streaming the following errors.

2013.04.29 11:42:58 VOICE.Analog Driver 0.1 Clock dropped.

2013.04.29 11:42:58 VOICE.Analog Driver 0.1 Hardware Error.

2013.04.29 11:42:58 VOICE.Analog Driver 0.3 Sync dropped.

2013.04.29 11:42:58 VOICE.Analog Driver 0.3 Clock dropped.

2013.04.29 11:42:58 VOICE.Analog Driver 0.3 Hardware Error.

2013.04.29 11:42:58 VOICE.Analog Driver 0.4 Sync dropped.

2013.04.29 11:42:58 VOICE.Analog Driver 0.4 Clock dropped.

2013.04.29 11:42:58 VOICE.Analog Driver 0.5 Hardware Error.

2013.04.29 11:42:58 VOICE.Analog Driver 0.6 Clock dropped.

This is cuasing the CPU to run at %100.5.  Rebooting the unit, shuting down the alnalog ports and the PRI do nothing to the errors that steam out the console port.  Any suggestions or is it a time to replace it?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TA924 High CPU utilization and streaming Voice.Analog driver errors

Jump to solution

Hello and thank you for posting to our forum.

My first thoughts (besides hardware) would be to verify the timing and rule out the CPE wiring connection to the FXS.  If you issue a show system command from the CLI, you can see how the unit is set up for timing.  If the ADTRAN is having a difficult time syncing on a T1 timing source, problems could arise on the TDM side (PRI, CAS, FXS).  I would think if timing was the issue that the PRI would show symptoms as well.  In any case, verify that the T1 timing setting is correct for this ADTRAN in your network.

The other thing I would try to do is to pull the amphenol cable off of the FXS connector on the chassis. If there is a major issue with the connection/wiring we can eliminate that by removing the amphenol cable from the ADTRAN.  I have my doubts since you mention that you shutdown the ports and the messages still popped up. 

Try these two things and lets go from there.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello and thank you for posting to our forum.

My first thoughts (besides hardware) would be to verify the timing and rule out the CPE wiring connection to the FXS.  If you issue a show system command from the CLI, you can see how the unit is set up for timing.  If the ADTRAN is having a difficult time syncing on a T1 timing source, problems could arise on the TDM side (PRI, CAS, FXS).  I would think if timing was the issue that the PRI would show symptoms as well.  In any case, verify that the T1 timing setting is correct for this ADTRAN in your network.

The other thing I would try to do is to pull the amphenol cable off of the FXS connector on the chassis. If there is a major issue with the connection/wiring we can eliminate that by removing the amphenol cable from the ADTRAN.  I have my doubts since you mention that you shutdown the ports and the messages still popped up. 

Try these two things and lets go from there.

Regards,

Geoff

0 Kudos
kcfonman
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

We unplugged all the cable with no luck.  The TAC center look at the config and the log and determined that the unit was defective.  New unit is installed and working with the old unit on its way to repair depot. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Understood.  Well, those things were definitely worth trying.  Glad you have a resolution.

Regards,

Geoff