cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlohmeier
New Contributor

BSAP 6040 Not upgrading firmware

After connecting my BSAB 6040 AP to Express Cloud it keeps boot looping while trying to upgrade the firmware. Current out of box firmware is on 4.2.0-R-676090 and trying to upgrade to most recent firmware revision. Device will show as trying to update but the update will effectively fail and cause a reboot. There seems to be no way to manually update the firmware via CLI and I am not going to pay for a license for the on premise vWLAN. Many of these guides and walkthroughs seem very esoteric and not straightforward at all. Setting up the most basic AP functionality has never been this difficult with any other brand I have worked with. Has anyone else had this boot looping issue on this version and while using Express Cloud?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: BSAP 6040 Not upgrading firmware

Hello jlohmeier I had have seen this issue occur once on a single 6040 out of 310+ units, I would open a support ticket, as my case was the same the 6040 was stuck in a Upgrading status that never completed. The 4.2.3-R-681418 firmware is pretty solid and fixes a bunch of issues.

It has nothing to do with vWLAN being hosted on premise or cloud as I am running and able to test it on both, but more likely an issue with the AP itself.

Re: BSAP 6040 Not upgrading firmware

After making my post I found the other one you made at https://supportcommunity.adtran.com/t5/Express-Cloud/BSAP-6040-Not-adopting/m-p/38741

Did that solve the issue, I didn't know about this at the time but I believe I did something similar and it didn't work in my case bit will keep it in mind just in case.