cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSBent31
New Contributor

SNMP V2c Setup

Could someone help me with a simple SNMP V2c setup on a Netvanta 1560 via the GUI? On a 1550 I simple enabled SNMP by adding a checkmark in the enable box and added a community string without any other setup. I've enabled SNMP and added a community with the name, secret, IP(0.0.0.0), PrefixLength(0) and have not luck testing with Paessler SNMP tester. I am using custom OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0. Is there any other setup I need to do on the 1560?

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: SNMP V2c Setup

There is more that needs to be done for v2c since by default the switch wants to use v3 which requires authentication. This article has information on doing the configuration through the CLI and should help get you configured. https://supportcommunity.adtran.com/t5/ASE-Articles/Q-amp-A-How-is-SNMP-configured-on-an-ASE-device/... 

Are you able to attach your config for snmp from the CLI output with personal info redacted? You can use the command show run feature snmp all-defaults

Here are high level GUI steps for 1560:

For v2c configuration you will need to first enable SNMP: Configuration > Security > Switch > SNMP > System
Next add your Community: Configuration > Security > Switch > SNMP > Communities
Next add a Group, choose v2c, use the community name from previous step: Configuration > Security > Switch > SNMP > Groups
Lastly, change your access and use NoAuth,NoPriv as your security level and choose your views: Configuration > Security > Switch > SNMP > Access

Also, that OID is fine as it should bring up details of sysDescr
SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr.0 = STRING: NetVanta 1560-24-740W GigaBit Ethernet Switch, firmware v4.4-44

Thank you, Brad

I went ahead and attached the config for the snmp before trying your suggestions. I will let you know if I was able to get it going.

Mark

Brad,

Your suggestions did the trick. 

Thanks again,

Mark