cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
firware
New Contributor

6250 Adtran FXS lines drop outs

Hello, everyone. I hope someone can assist me with a problem we've been experiencing in the field. My Company has received reports of a few shows experiencing dropouts with phone lines latched to the Netvanta 6250 Gateways after 5 hours. Typically, the dropouts occur at the 4:59:59 mark, and we are a bit puzzled as to what could be causing this issue. Therefore, I am reaching out to your technical team, as you guys are experts in this area, to see if there is a setting within the 6250 that might be disrupting the phone lines being latched for extended periods.

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BMullar
New Contributor III

Re: 6250 Adtran FXS lines drop outs

FIRWARE,

The only time I have seen something like this was on a TA5000 chassis in a Remote Terminal cabinet.  On the TA5000's POTS and ADSL+POTS modules, after a period of time, some of the POTS ports across various cards installed in the chassis would go into an off-hook state, but no call was active.

The issue was the TA5000 chassis ground wire was not "attached" to the ground bar of the cabinet.  The AC/DC rectifier, suppling the -48VDC, ground bar "was attached" to the cabinet ground bar.

Once the TA5000's chassis ground was connected to the cabinet ground bar the issue never occurred again.

So, I would confirm the NetVanta's AC ground is stable / valid compared to the 19" equipment rack which should also be grounded.  If either ground is bad, that would be similar to the TA5000 situation explained above.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

BMULLAR