cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Caller ID with assisted call transfer

Jump to solution

Is it normal behavior for the far end's caller id info to be passed on to the person who the call is transferred too? 

We are using Soundpoint 670 phones at reception and Soundpoint 335 phones at desks. They are all on the latest software release with no other issues.

What happens is this: Our receptionist receives caller-id just fine but when they transfer, just the line the customer called in on shows up. We do not have an Adtran PBX but we use the PBX features of our Genband CS1500 soft switch/sip server. The phones are behind an Adtran Netvanta 4430 for firewall/routing purposes.

I can see other related posts, but none quite like this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Caller ID with assisted call transfer

Jump to solution

You can try a blind transfer vs an attended transfer from the receptionist to see if that makes a difference.  Generally speaking these are the factors that incoming caller ID to a Polycom can be based on:

• entries in the personal contact directory of the phone
  • the FROM field of the SIP INVITE to the phone
  • P-asserted identity field of the SIP INVITE to the phone

I would suggest getting a SIP debug from the Genband or a packet capture from a port mirror connected to the interface the phone is plugged into to see what is being sent.

Thanks,
Matt

NOTE: I moved this post to the area

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

You can try a blind transfer vs an attended transfer from the receptionist to see if that makes a difference.  Generally speaking these are the factors that incoming caller ID to a Polycom can be based on:

• entries in the personal contact directory of the phone
  • the FROM field of the SIP INVITE to the phone
  • P-asserted identity field of the SIP INVITE to the phone

I would suggest getting a SIP debug from the Genband or a packet capture from a port mirror connected to the interface the phone is plugged into to see what is being sent.

Thanks,
Matt

NOTE: I moved this post to the area

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The blind transfer made it work like I wanted. Thanks!