cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Polycom IP 335 & 670 dial plans

Jump to solution

I have been struggling to understand the dial plans for these phones.

For one, I am not positive on what file to put the string on my tftp server. For two, we have 2 digit inner office dialing and have to 9 for an outside line so I know I cannot use the defaults. We also have 7 digit local dialing (plus the 9 to start with of course). Our LD is 9,1--area code- XXX-XXXX.

Since I do not have a regular IP PBX, these were not created for me and I really do not get much support from our soft switch manufacturer since it is a different vendor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Right now everything works great but the users have to dial the "send" key to dial anything. I do know how to configure my files with xml editor, I just am very unsure what to enter for this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Polycom IP 335 & 670 dial plans

Jump to solution

Try this for starters:

9,[2-9]11|9,0.T|9,011xxx.T|9,1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|9,[2-9]xxxxxx|*xx|[1-8]x

• 9,[2-9]11 - 9 plus service codes 211 through 911
  • 9,0.T - 9 plus operator calls
  • 9,011xxx.T - 9 plus international calls
  • 9,1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx - 9 plus 1-NPA-NXX-XXXX ten-digits
  • 9,[2-9]xxxxxx - 9 plus 7-digit local
  • *xx - SPRE ("star codes")
  • [1-8]x - 2-digit extensions (consider going to 3-digit dialing for expansion flexibility, and fewer misdials.)

Details here:  http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/technical/products/voice/Understanding_Digit_Map...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

Try this for starters:

9,[2-9]11|9,0.T|9,011xxx.T|9,1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|9,[2-9]xxxxxx|*xx|[1-8]x

• 9,[2-9]11 - 9 plus service codes 211 through 911
  • 9,0.T - 9 plus operator calls
  • 9,011xxx.T - 9 plus international calls
  • 9,1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx - 9 plus 1-NPA-NXX-XXXX ten-digits
  • 9,[2-9]xxxxxx - 9 plus 7-digit local
  • *xx - SPRE ("star codes")
  • [1-8]x - 2-digit extensions (consider going to 3-digit dialing for expansion flexibility, and fewer misdials.)

Details here:  http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/technical/products/voice/Understanding_Digit_Map...

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

That looks good. I will try it. I am not sure why I have such a tough time with these. Which one of these files should I paste this into if I want a global change?

applications.cfg, features.cfg, polycomConfig.xsd, reg-advanced.cfg, reg-basic.cfg, region.cfg, sip-basic.cfg, sip-interop.cfg, and site.cfg

Or do I just need to put it into the individuals user .cfg file?

jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

This depends on how your configuration server is set up and whether it serves multiple sites (or may do so in the future). I would load it into an individual phone first and tweak as needed.  If it works as expected, then put it in the file for the phones at that site.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

That did the trick. Thanks very much! I went ahead and changed it to 3 digit inner office dialing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for reporting back.  I went ahead and selected jayh's answer as the Correct Answer on this thread.