Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Polycom Phone not showing multiple inbound calls

Jump to solution

Hello Everyone!

We have a Polycom Soundpoint 601 that we use for incoming calls.  We have it set up to be able to receive/display up to 4 inbounds calls.  Recently, the phone has developed a perplexing issue.  If a call comes in and is answered and then another call comes in while still on the first call, the new call will not be displayed to notify the operator that another inbound call is happening.  The call will however show up on the 2nd phone we have set up to receive calls on our main line.  In the past, we would see the new inbound call.

The firmware on the phone is the most current and I have tried a factory reset, neither worked.  Has anyone else run into this and if so, what was the fix?

Chris

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Polycom Phone not showing multiple inbound calls

Jump to solution

Matt,

The phone is connected to a 7100.  The firmware on the phone was not changed, but the firmware on the 7100 was changed to an engineering build.  The 7100 was rebooting itself every 4 days.  That issue seems to be better, so I restored the previous, working firmware version.  I will try the post you suggested and let you know if that works or not.

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Chris,

Thanks for your question.  Before I give an answer I will need some additional information.  Is this a phone configured off of a NetVanta 7100 or NetVanta UC?  If it is a 7100 can you reply with the voice user configuration tied to that phone (remove any sensitive information like DIDs).  Does this particular line use a ring group?  If so you may want to check out this post: You indicated this started happening recently - was the firmware or configuration on the phone or the provisioning device changed recently?

Thanks,
Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Matt,

The phone is connected to a 7100.  The firmware on the phone was not changed, but the firmware on the 7100 was changed to an engineering build.  The 7100 was rebooting itself every 4 days.  That issue seems to be better, so I restored the previous, working firmware version.  I will try the post you suggested and let you know if that works or not.

Chris

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Chris,

I went ahead and marked this post as "assumed answered".  Feel free to mark any correct or helpful answers from this post.  If you still need assistance with this issue I would be more than happy to help, just let me know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt