cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
randerso
New Contributor

Polycom SoundPoint 321

I have 24 phones that all appear to be working in a static environment however I have one site where the DHCP Enable/Disable keeps switching back to Enable and seems to keep not taking the static configuration.  I was able to ping the device locally once when factory resetting but within a few minutes lost all of it's info.  I only have it on a local segment that doesn't have access to the Adran 7100.  I just want to get it to keep an IP first.  There are a number of options that I keep selecting (etc VLAN Filter) all lose the parameters after a reboot.

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Polycom SoundPoint 321

What version are you running on your 7100?

-Mark

NV7100  Firmware R10.8.1.E

If I was to manually configure the phone with an IP wouldn't it keep it?  Right now it doesn't have access to the server so it can't download any configurations.  Obviously I could setup a FTP server to download one if needed.  All of our phones have been setup with Static IP's/configs from the beginning.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this phone set up as a remote phone?

If you go to Voice > IP Phone Globals > then edit that phone’s config file and then select the Phone Settings tab, is the Boot Profile set to Local or Remote Phone?

If set up to Remote Phone, then go to

Voice > IP Phone Globals > then the Boot Settings tab > then Remote Phones Tab.

What is Phone VLAN set to and what is DHCP Enabled set to?

-Mark

Referring to the server: yes it It is set to Remote Phone.

The VLAN setup is 1 and DHCP was set to 1, however we don't want to use DHCP and DHCP is disabled for all the other phones.  They have been statically set and are all working.

I have disable the VLAN filtering and set the VLAN (Directly on the phone) but when it boots (and can't see the 7100 Server) it loses that config.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean DHCP was set to 1?

It is a check box. The DHCP Enabled check box should be unchecked.

If it is unchecked then I think the problem is with the polycomboot_remote.cfg file. When you uncheck DHCP enabled box, it should set the option below to 0 but in some versions of code it was setting it back to 1.

Can you log into your 7100 and do the following commands:

show file cflash polycom/polycomboot_remote.cfg

Look in the output for this value: device.dhcp.enabled.set= It should be near the top of the output, 2nd or 3rd line.

Is it set to 0 or 1?

-Mark