cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

headset not answering calls on Polycom

Jump to solution

Should I downgrade to the latest firmware??  We recieved a call from a customer with A5.02.00.E loaded.  They are having a headset problem with their Polycom phone.  I don't know if it is just the phone going bad.  They cannot answer calls with the headset button and when they start a call with the headset, it only works for about a minute then the headset button goes off.  Any ideas??

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: headset not answering calls on Polycom

Jump to solution

eliceo,

I branched this topic to a new discussion and moved it in the section under .  The 7100 firmware should be unrelated to this issue.  The main concern with A5.02 is the risk of losing the Polycom IP Phone configuration files when performing the"Rebuild All" and "Update Directories" actions from the IP Phone Configs page in the web interface. 

We have a list that outlines supported wireless headsets for ADTRAN IP 700 Series phones here:

A list for Polycom phones can be found at this link:

http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/technical/products/voice/Headset_Compatibility_L...

As indicated in the link above depending on the headset model and the type of Polycom phone sometimes extra wiring is required to make this work, if it is supported. 

You can tell with a debug sip stack messages summary from the command line of the 7100 if the phone is responding properly to INVITEs or if it is terminating the calls. 

I hope this helps.  Please feel free to respond with any additional questions or information.

Thanks,
Matt

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

eliceo,

I branched this topic to a new discussion and moved it in the section under .  The 7100 firmware should be unrelated to this issue.  The main concern with A5.02 is the risk of losing the Polycom IP Phone configuration files when performing the"Rebuild All" and "Update Directories" actions from the IP Phone Configs page in the web interface. 

We have a list that outlines supported wireless headsets for ADTRAN IP 700 Series phones here:

A list for Polycom phones can be found at this link:

http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/technical/products/voice/Headset_Compatibility_L...

As indicated in the link above depending on the headset model and the type of Polycom phone sometimes extra wiring is required to make this work, if it is supported. 

You can tell with a debug sip stack messages summary from the command line of the 7100 if the phone is responding properly to INVITEs or if it is terminating the calls. 

I hope this helps.  Please feel free to respond with any additional questions or information.

Thanks,
Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

eliceo,

I marked this thread as assumed answered.  If you still need any assistance on it please do not hesitate to reply.

Thanks,
Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt