cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
callcrazy
New Contributor

Ntwk1 Error light flashes three times every 8 seconds

Jump to solution

My Adtran 550 Network 1 Error light flashes three times every 8 seconds.

I have no issues with processing signals, and Modules all report OK and ONLINE.

I show no issues at all on Network 1 and no errors in the System Event Log.

However,

In System Self Test I do show the following test reporting 'Failed Sync":

SL: N1 PT: 1 Port Test

SL: S2 PT: 1 Port Test

SL: S2 PT: 2 Port Test

Any help resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ntwk1 Error light flashes three times every 8 seconds

Jump to solution

The System Event Log won't typically show errors. You have to look under the MODULES, at the PERFORMANCE CURR, PERFORMANCE 15 MIN, and PERFORMANCE 24Hr.

As for the "Failed Sync" if the T1 ports are configured as RBS, that will happen. The best way to run the system test is to remove all DIAL PLAN and DEDICATED MAP configuration and then run the test.

If the error is blinking at a fairly consistent rate, then it could be clock slips (controlled slip seconds - or CSS). What is the PRIMARY TIMING SOURCE of the ATLAS set to? You can also look under SYSTEM STATUS and see what SYSTEM TIMING SOURCE is currently.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The System Event Log won't typically show errors. You have to look under the MODULES, at the PERFORMANCE CURR, PERFORMANCE 15 MIN, and PERFORMANCE 24Hr.

As for the "Failed Sync" if the T1 ports are configured as RBS, that will happen. The best way to run the system test is to remove all DIAL PLAN and DEDICATED MAP configuration and then run the test.

If the error is blinking at a fairly consistent rate, then it could be clock slips (controlled slip seconds - or CSS). What is the PRIMARY TIMING SOURCE of the ATLAS set to? You can also look under SYSTEM STATUS and see what SYSTEM TIMING SOURCE is currently.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

Jump to solution

Looking in MODULES > PERFORMANCE CURR > I show ES 106 and CCS 107.

PERFORMANCE 24 >ES 1047 and CCS 1047

So there definitely is some timing issues.

SYSTEM STATUS > SYSTEM TIMING SOURCE shows BACKUP : LOCKED

SYSTEM CONFIG > PRIMARY TIMING is set to NTW1 Port1

SYSTEM CONFIG> BACKUP TIMING is set to NTW2 Port 1

How can I correct this timing issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

If the ATLAS fails-over to the BACKUP timing source, and that BACKUP source is a module, it won't automatically switch back to the PRIMARY when it become available again. Since it appears Ntwk 1 and Ntwk 2 are on slightly different clocks, you'll have to set the BACKUP timing to INTERNAL, and it should then switch back to using the PRIMARY. When the BACKUP is INTERNAL, it will try to use the PRIMARY, but if the PRIMARY isn't available, then it'll use the INTERNAL clock.

Thanks,

Patrick

Jump to solution

That indeed stopped the error on NTW1, now the error appears on NTW2.

I suppose I'm going to have to live with that since the timing between these two carriers is off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I'm afraid so. The ATLAS only supports one clock source and all the interfaces use that one clock.

Take care,

Patrick