Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theprofessor
New Contributor

Octal FXS Card Setup

Jump to solution

Greetings All,

I've got a situation that I'm sure is real easy to solve, but I'm having a bit of a problem with.  You see I'm teaching a Voice Over IP class and I'd like to use the Octal FXS card in my Atlas 550 as a simulated PSTN network.  I've found a discussion of setting up the dial plan on each of the FXS ports to different numbers, and when I connect a regular POTS phone, I get dial tone (so far, so good).  But when I try to call from one phone to another I get a busy signal.  I'm sure there's a simple configuration setup and I'm missing a step or two.  I'd be grateful if anybody has a configuration that might work in a situation such as this.  If I haven't given you enough information about my setup, I'd be happy to do into more detail.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Octal FXS Card Setup

Jump to solution

When you configure the FXS ports in the DIAL PLAN there is an IN#ACCEPT on each USER TERM entry. This is the phone number that should be dialed to ring the phone connected to that specific port. So if your IN#ACCEPT on an FXS port is 555-1111 then when you dial 555-1111 from another phone it will ring the phone connected to the specified FXS port.

If you used a 10-digit number in the IN#ACCEPT list, then you will have to make an adjustment in the DIAL PLAN under the GLOBAL PARAM in the NUMBER COMPLETE TEMPLATES. The ATLAS is set up for 7-digit local dialing (by default) so the first pattern is NXX-XXXX. If you are doing 10-digit dialing you should change this pattern to be NXX-NXX-XXXX (for a 10-digit pattern).

Hope this helps,

Patrick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Octal FXS Card Setup

Jump to solution

When you configure the FXS ports in the DIAL PLAN there is an IN#ACCEPT on each USER TERM entry. This is the phone number that should be dialed to ring the phone connected to that specific port. So if your IN#ACCEPT on an FXS port is 555-1111 then when you dial 555-1111 from another phone it will ring the phone connected to the specified FXS port.

If you used a 10-digit number in the IN#ACCEPT list, then you will have to make an adjustment in the DIAL PLAN under the GLOBAL PARAM in the NUMBER COMPLETE TEMPLATES. The ATLAS is set up for 7-digit local dialing (by default) so the first pattern is NXX-XXXX. If you are doing 10-digit dialing you should change this pattern to be NXX-NXX-XXXX (for a 10-digit pattern).

Hope this helps,

Patrick

0 Kudos