cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fluidnets
New Contributor

Question on Atlas 550 Configuration of 2 PRIs

Need help to configure Atlas 550 w/ 2 PRI ports! 1 for Carrier side and 1 for CPE side. Need to set each side I believe for ESF, B8ZS, NI2 4 digits 23B + D and set up syslog server to send to connected laptop. Client T1 is failing and we need to know which side is failing initially and what in the trace that is captured shows - what is actually failing? HELP!

Thanks so much

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on Atlas 550 Configuration of 2 PRIs

Thank you for using the ADTRAN Support Community Forums.

You can actually follow the PRI to Multiple PRI configuration guide (https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-1392), but only configure ONE PRI under the USER TERM configuration (instead of multiple).

The guide for "Using the ADTRAN Utility Syslog with the ATLAS" has all the steps for configuring the ATLAS to use a Syslog Server on the first two pages. I do recommend you use another Syslog Server rather than the one in the ADTRAN Utilities (it was written for Windows 95 has never been updated).

Under the SYSTEM CONFIG and EVENT LOGGING you'll at least need the ISDN EVENTS set to INFO, but you may need the ISDN L2 FORMATTED set to info as well (depending on how much detail you need). The L2 Formatted events are extremely verbose. We do not have anything to help you understand the logs themselves, but all of the events are with respect to the ATLAS, so a call should be received on one interface and then transmitted out the other.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

Hi Patrick. I have been informed we have 2 Network slot cards, installed in the 550, 1 for each Network slot 1 & 2. So we have 2 RJ45 network jacks, 1 for each network slot! But we have NO Option slot cards!

Can we accomplish our goal for PRI IN from Verizon and PRI out to CPE PBX Pri card using BOTH Network cards?

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Jim Dainko

President, Fluid Networks

http://www.fluidnets.com<http://www.fluidnets.com/>

80 N. Wood Road  Suite 308 | Camarillo, CA 93010 |

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jim,

Yes, the Network modules (like all the T1/PRI modules in the ATLAS) can connect to either the Service Provider or to user equipment. In order to connect to user equipment, you generally will need a T1 cross-over cable (rather than straight-through). If your ATLAS shipped with one of our red cables, than that is a T1 cross-over. Otherwise you can look at this guide (https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-4103) on how to make one.

-Patrick

Very helpful! THANK YOU PATRICK

Patrick,

Jim Dainko has been working with you to help set up atlas 550 for syslog purposes. I have followed docs on setting up 550. Now I'm trying to set up laptop to store events. I tried downloading atlas Adtran utilities 3.0 but got an incompatible error. Laptop is 64bit. Any suggestion on what syslog server sftwr I can use?

Thanks.

Really appreciate your guidance.

Daniel Choi

Anonymous
Not applicable

We don't really have any recommendations, but there is a free version of Kiwi's Syslog Server.

I've also used Jounin's TFTP Daemon. If you go into its SETTINGS it does support Syslog as well as TFTP.

I've also been told there is a Cisco Syslog Server.

Hi Patrick,

Everything is connected right. We see the network 1 or 2 side going down in the Adtran Telnet Config/monitor screen, when we pull the Ethernet cable from the network ports! Except we are not seeing any call DATA being passed to the SysLog Server app we setup on our WIN 7 laptop. We went into Syslog Setup In the Adtran550 & have transmission enabled, the correct IP address of laptop with kiwi syslog installed, and host facility set as local 0. Laptop - Kiwi is not receiving any data. Any other settings I need to set or check on Adtran or kiwi?

Thanks

Hi Patrick,

1 last point - Also, we have verified that there is no firewall enabled on the PC and we have direct communication with the Adtran right now!

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

My first thought was it was that it could be Windows Firewall blocking the traffic. Generally Windows will give a pop-up asking if you want to allow the traffic when you install a server.

If it's not a Firewall, it could be that the Syslog Server is "listening" on another ethernet port (if your PC has both an RJ45 Ethernet as well as wireless Ethernet).

Does it only send DATA when a call or connection is lost? We did get this screen when we disconnected the Network cable! (I do not know if you can see my attachment in this email?)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anything that shows up in the ATLAS EVENT LOG (under SYSTEM STATUS) will be sent to the Syslog Server.

Under the SYSTEM CONFIG in the EVENT LOGGING, any event set to INFO will populate the event log with those events. Switchboard will show which ports calls are routed to. ISDN EVENTS will show a general ISDN overview (with events like "call to ATLAS" and "DIALING"). The ISDN L2 FORMATTED will give verbose and detailed D-channel messages.

The Syslog Server is used to save these event log messages. Anything that shows up in the EVENT LOG should be transmitted to the Syslog Server.

Last Qs –

1.      How do we save a Syslog LIVE file? So we can view or send to you huys !! later?

2.      How do we turn on settings to receive MORE info to syslog about calls such as D channel details from calls?

Thanks so much!

Jim Dainko

President, Fluid Networks

http://www.fluidnets.com<http://www.fluidnets.com/>

80 N. Wood Road  Suite 308 | Camarillo, CA 93010 |

K thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe you saw how to set the ATLAS to give more information in the event log.

The syslog server should create a file for the data it captures. With Kiwi, on Windows 7, it is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Syslogd\Logs in a file called "catchall.txt" (at least on my computer it is).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since we haven't heard anything back from you, I'm going to mark this question as "assumed answered". If you have additional questions feel free to continue the discussion.