cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

RABBIT Hole for multiple vendors PRI

Jump to solution

We have the Atlas 550 configured for the rabbit hole and its feed signals to our System III receiver.  Our telecom provider is adding automatic fail over to our PRI and we will be able to have the signal come through a second provider.  What is the best way to configure the two connections so the process is a near to completely automated as possible.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RABBIT Hole for multiple vendors PRI

Jump to solution

If you already have a "rabbit-hole" configuration and the new, "fail-over" PRI will present the inbound calls with the same DNIS digits then the only change needed should be to add the new PRI in the DIAL PLAN under the NETWORK TERM. The ATLAS accepts inbound calls on any of the NETWORK TERM entries and then routes them to the USER TERM based on the USER TERM's IN#ACCEPT LIST. So if the DNIS is presented the same (or you are simply using the wild card of "$") then the ATLAS will route the call regardless of which PRI the call comes in on. If the DNIS is presented differently then you can add the "new" DNIS to the IN#ACCEPT LIST in order route the call properly (i.e. if one PRI presents a 4-digit DNIS and the other PRI presents a 7-digit DNIS you can have both versions in the IN#ACCEPT LIST).

Hope this helps,

Patrick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

If you already have a "rabbit-hole" configuration and the new, "fail-over" PRI will present the inbound calls with the same DNIS digits then the only change needed should be to add the new PRI in the DIAL PLAN under the NETWORK TERM. The ATLAS accepts inbound calls on any of the NETWORK TERM entries and then routes them to the USER TERM based on the USER TERM's IN#ACCEPT LIST. So if the DNIS is presented the same (or you are simply using the wild card of "$") then the ATLAS will route the call regardless of which PRI the call comes in on. If the DNIS is presented differently then you can add the "new" DNIS to the IN#ACCEPT LIST in order route the call properly (i.e. if one PRI presents a 4-digit DNIS and the other PRI presents a 7-digit DNIS you can have both versions in the IN#ACCEPT LIST).

Hope this helps,

Patrick

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered”.  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful answers as the case may be with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.