cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vjoukov
New Contributor

What the type of signal on my Adtran is used

Jump to solution

Trying the activate the new (second one as a backup) PRI channel, the provider asked me what type signal is used on our Adtran (National ISDN, Lucent 5E, or AT&T 4ESS or EuroISDN or Northen DMS-100?

I went over all config in Adtran - and couldn't find the answer. So the question is how can I find what the signal type is in use for my Adtran?

Thanks and have a great day!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What the type of signal on my Adtran is used

Jump to solution

Under the DIAL PLAN there is NETWORK TERM and USER TERM (terminating to the Telco Network, or terminating to user equipment). Your PRI should be configured in the NETWORK TERM by selecting the Slot and Port the PRI is plugging into. There is an IFCE CONFIG (interface configuration), and under that is the Switch Type. The ATLAS defaults to National ISDN (NI-2). This is the "signal" they are asking for.

Hope this answers your question,

Patrick

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Under the DIAL PLAN there is NETWORK TERM and USER TERM (terminating to the Telco Network, or terminating to user equipment). Your PRI should be configured in the NETWORK TERM by selecting the Slot and Port the PRI is plugging into. There is an IFCE CONFIG (interface configuration), and under that is the Switch Type. The ATLAS defaults to National ISDN (NI-2). This is the "signal" they are asking for.

Hope this answers your question,

Patrick

vjoukov
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Thanks Patrick, found it!

Have a great day!