brianr
New Contributor

Where is the T1 mapping?

Jump to solution

I have an Adtran Atlas 550 with the following wiring:

Telco T1 -> SLT1  

SLT2 -> AVAYA P1 (23 channels)

SLT3 -> AVAYA P2 (23 channels)

SLT4 -> FAX Server Digium Card (23 channels)

Telco T1 -> NTW1

What I am trying to determine is which Telco T1 is going to the Fax server.

Where in the Adtran configuration would I see which incoming T1 is being presented

to the Fax Server?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where is the T1 mapping?

Jump to solution

Essentially. If the OUT#ACCEPT for each Network PRI is the same, then the ATLAS sends the call out the first one in the list (as long as it has available channels), or if it is full or down, then the next one down in the list.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Essentially, the ATLAS Dial Plan acts as a switchboard. The call comes into the ATLAS and based on the number dialed, the ATLAS routes it out one of the PRIs. So there isn't (usually) a direct correlation between PRIs. The Dial Plan doesn't map one PRI to another. It terminates each PRI and will route calls between them based on the destination number.

Since you have 2 Telco PRI's the it's possible inbound FAXes only come in on one PRI, but the ATLAS will accept them no matter which PRI they come in on. It's up the Telco to determine which PRI the calls comes in on, and they may route the FAX numbers to either PRI.

I'm not sure if this helped, but hopefully it makes sense to you,

Patrick

brianr
New Contributor

Jump to solution

And outgoing faxes from the fax server are routed to either PRI?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Essentially. If the OUT#ACCEPT for each Network PRI is the same, then the ATLAS sends the call out the first one in the list (as long as it has available channels), or if it is full or down, then the next one down in the list.

brianr
New Contributor

Jump to solution

OK Thanks.

brianr
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Just to clarify ... On the Avaya we have some line groups mapped to specific channels on the T1's as it sees them. is this sort of pointless, as you indicated that the Atlas will map outgoing calls to the PRI's as it sees fit?

We are trying to troubleshoot some incoming busy signals that _shouldn't_ be occurring, all signs indicate that we are not coming close to utilizing all the channels we have, yet we are still getting the occasional busy ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The ATLAS cannot map numbers to specific channels on the PRI, so this could cause issues.

In the ATLAS, the PRI channels cannot be segregated. You specify the NUMBER of channels, but once that is set, the PRI is treated as a whole and calls can be routed to or received on any of those channels.