cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
health
New Contributor

We have an ATLAS 830 that randomly reboots what is the fix?

We have an ATLAS 830 that randomly reboots what is the fix?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: We have an ATLAS 830 that randomly reboots what is the fix?

First verify that the Firmware running on the ATLAS is up to date. The latest FW for the ATLAS 830 is A.04.

The most common cause of reboots in the ATLAS products is Ethernet traffic. If possible, disconnect the ATLAS 830 from your LAN and see if this resolves the reboot problem. If it does, then I suggest putting the ATLAS on a separate network or VLAN so that all IP traffic must be directed to the ATLAS, and it is not longer part of the same broadcast domain as the rest of your network. If the ATLAS still reboots then I'll probably need a copy of the configuration.

Let us know what you find,

Patrick

health
New Contributor

Hello,

Firmware is at A.04

Ethernet port is Auto 10/100

and is operating at 100.

We are in a switched environment, and the ATLAS is on a VLAN.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your ATLAS is running the latest FW.

You say the ATLAS is on "a VLAN", but is it isolated on a VLAN or just one of several devices on this VLAN? My suggestion is to isolate the ATLAS from other devices, so there are no other devices on the broadcast domain. IP traffic is the most common cause of reboots in the ATLAS.

If you have an SNMP Server set to "auto-discover" we have seen these "discovery packets" cause reboots in the ATLAS, so we recommend turning off the auto-discovery feature in the SNMP server.

health
New Contributor

It is not the only device on the VLAN.

Our networking resources confirmed they are not going to create a VLAN for a single IP.

Under Sys Config> I set to disabled SNMP Access, Traps are disabled, as well as SNMP/ASP proxy and polling.

I didnt see an auto discovery feature just an Enabled or Disabled, so if I am not looking in the right spot please advise.

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

The auto discovery would be on your SNMP Server, not on the ATLAS.

If you do not have an SNMP Server, then I suggest you unplug the ethernet connection to the ATLAS to see if it still reboots. If it does, then the problem is not IP traffic, but if it does not reboot after disconnecting it from the LAN, then the problem is definitely IP traffic.