cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasonred20
New Contributor II

BSAP 2030 Firmware upgrade boot loop

Jump to solution

We just bought several 2030 Blue Socket APs to upgrade the few left over 1840 BSAPs that's still around. When I connect the 2030s to the vWLAN controller, it attempts to do a firmware upgrade, from the of the shelf version (3.2.1-653348) to 7.0.0-23 (our live firmware version). After I confirm the upgrade task, the 2030 doesn't seem to take the upgrade and instead just reboots then attempts to do the upgrade again and again and it just seems to never end.

Is there a way to manually flash upgrade the firmware on these BSAPs? If not, how do I go about getting the AP and controller to play nice with each other. I've added 3 other 2030s about a year ago and it was a seamless process. Not sure what's different this round...

Reboot the controller?

Any advice? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jasonred20
New Contributor II

Re: BSAP 2030 Firmware upgrade boot loop

Jump to solution

Thanks @briangonyer 

So my boss was able to play with the URL structure and found the correct URL for the 2.6.2.img file, so instead of what they have on their page (https://s3.amazonaws.com/ADTN_Product_Downloads/vWLAN/2.6.2)

The correct URL is
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ADTN_Product_Downloads/vWLAN/3.4.0/vWLAN-2-6-2.img

I was then able update the Controller and the APs are now working with the 3.3 image.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks everyone!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Those symptoms match this tech note.  Apparently there is more than one hardware version of the BSAP 2030 and other AP's and you'll need to upgrade to at least 3.3.0 or 3.5.0 to support them.

https://portal.adtran.com/web/appmanager/portal/Adtran?_nfpb=true&_windowLabel=softwareDownload_1&so...

If you have received new BSAP 2020, 2030, or 3040 models, you will need to upgrade to version 3.3.0 as they are not compatible with previous revisions (and will reboot continuously). The following hardware revisions are only compatible with version 3.3.0:

f BSAP 304X Revision F

f BSAP 2020 Revision C

f BSAP 203X Revision R

f BSAP 2135 Revision D

jasonred20
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Thanks edmaendel

If I'm understanding this correctly...So basically, they need to be flashed to firmware 3.3.0 before they can be upgraded to any other version? And If so, can I manually flash them? Or would I have to create a separate domain and assign that firmware to that domain, then assign the APs to the domain to get the upgrade?

When I clicked on your link, it led me to a blank page. Is there pdf or another link to access the info you're referring to?. I'd love to read up on that page.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Adtran must have just changed the path?  It not longer works for me either: the bottom line is that it looks like in order to use those newer hardware rev 2030's that you need to upgrade your vWLAN appliance to 3.3.0 or while you're at it to the latest which is 3.5.0.  Once you've done that it will automatically upgrade the firmware in the AP's.    Its not especially difficult but you need to follow the correct steps in the release notes or  Administrator guide.

jasonred20
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Ahh gotcha! Thanks @Anonymous!!

So I did some reading, and read that before I jump to the latest 3.5.0 update, I have to first go to firmware update 2.6.2, but the download link seems to be broken for the img file. Do you know another link I can access to get that img update file?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Looks like a broken link.  Is anyone from Adtran monitoring these discussions?  @Anonymous  ?

jasonred20
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Last week I went to the Adtran page and reported it under the "feedback" option. I wish there's a way to push it up the order or they can email me a temporary link for the file. My boss and I have been waiting over a month to get these APs from our resellers, and now we have to wait some unknown amount of time just to get the update file to use them...arrghh...why is Adtran doing their customers this????... Is that their way of forcing you into a service plan? just for an update file? *sigh*...#Frustrated

Jump to solution

you are looking for 2.6.2 img? *edit* nm he found it

you can skip updating the AP version to this release and take them straight to whatever the final release is you want

jasonred20
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Thanks @briangonyer 

So my boss was able to play with the URL structure and found the correct URL for the 2.6.2.img file, so instead of what they have on their page (https://s3.amazonaws.com/ADTN_Product_Downloads/vWLAN/2.6.2)

The correct URL is
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ADTN_Product_Downloads/vWLAN/3.4.0/vWLAN-2-6-2.img

I was then able update the Controller and the APs are now working with the 3.3 image.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks everyone!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I know, shh that was a best kept secret 😃