cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating secondary network

I have a Bluesocket vWlan controller with 1920 AP's, all plugged into two NetVanta 1534P switches, with one of the switches plugged into a port on my pfsense server. I already have an intranet network online via the default vlan. What I need is how to create a separate SSID on a different vlan that pulls DHCP from the pfsense, giving two ip's to each AP. I have been looking online for information and have found very little on how to do this.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creating secondary network

Hi falconeio:

Each 1920 BSAP will have only one IP address for control and management, but you may have multiple VLANs and SSIDs as needed.  Make sure switch ports connecting to BSAPs are set to 802.1q VLAN trunk mode.

In your vWLAN or BSC, define the additional Location, representing a VLAN and subnet.  Setup a Role which will use the Location (include any firewall rules as appropriate).  Create an SSID which will be associated with the desired Role.  Add the SSID to your 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radios in the AP Template which is used by your BSAPs.  Last, apply the new configuration to your APs (execute the pending Domain Task).  The logical hierarchy is:  VLAN → Location → Role → SSID → AP Template → BSAP.

The Quick Start and Admin guides linked here may be very helpful.

Best,

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

Iddo,

I have marked this questions as "assumed answered".

If this is not the case or you have more questions, feel free to respond to this thread.

Thanks,

Evan

ADTRAN TSE

donkey
New Contributor

I'm looking at this scenario and i had a similar question. My location has multiple vlans already, however i need to separate wireless traffic from any core business traffic. If i set the vlan in the locations for the access points, that becomes tagged traffic correct? Wouldnt the adtran switches then need to also be set for tagged traffic on those ports? Or do i set the native vlan on the ports under trunk mode to the correct vlan set in locations?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Donkey Donkey,

Correct, if you create a VLAN on the access points, that will be tagged traffic as the native will always show up automatically as a v-Loc Locaiton in vWLAN. This means your switches must match this configuration.

In general, on ADTRAN switches, if you configure the switchports the APs are plugged into as Trunk and configure the VLAN in the switch with the VLAN <number> command, all the VLANs will be tagged on those ports. Just be sure that your native VLAN is configured in the switch as the correct one (ADTRAN switches use VLAN 1 by default).

Thanks,

Evan

ADTRAN Product Support Engineer

donkey
New Contributor

So to be clear. I have set the Location on the specific access point to My_Location_Vlan_24 on vlan 24. Port 24 of my NetVanta is configured to Trunk. I do not need to set the native vlan on switchport 24 to vlan 24, as that would make it untagged traffic.

The switchport plugged into the DHCP server is configured as access port on vlan 24.

everyone should now get IPs from that access point on the 10.10.24.0/24 network.