cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beninspire
New Contributor

bsap 1800c

So, I've just managed to get my hands on 5 BSAP-1800c's and a BSAP-1840c. How do i go about registering the BSAP-1800C's? The 1840 registered without any problems through the website licensing portal but the serial numbers of the 1800C's arn't recognised.

I've set the controller up and it finds all of the access points but i can't assign license keys to them.

Any help from anyone would be great!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: bsap 1800c

Ben,

The 1800c's are legacy to ADTRAN and you will not be able to register them or get licenses from them. They also do not work on any of the newer versions of firmware as they are long EOL.

I would suggest looking into our new version of APs with new technology and cloud based options. If you call into product support (www.adtran.com/submitcase​) and ask about our new products, our Network Design Engineering team can contact you and quote you options.

Thanks,

Evan Hudson

ADTRAN Product Support Manager

Evan,

How come is it I have managed to register a 1840 thats EOL and managed to get a license key too?

The controller i have is a VMWare image thats working perfectly on 3.1.0. All i'm asking is a license for the access points.

Surely there's something that can be done to generate a text file with the serial number of each AP

Many Thanks,

Ben

UPDATE: so the bsap-1800c are still on the license page as i found out by accident by typing a wrong serial number which happened to correlate to a bsap-1800 and allowed me to grab a license file. Why dont the serial numbers on my devices work?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ben,

You probably should not have been able to register the 1840, but the 1800c's were never active in the ADTRAN database. There is nothing we can do for an EOL piece of equipment to fix that.

Thanks,

Evan Hudson

ADTRAN Product Support Manager