cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpsguard
New Contributor

vWLAN HA Setup, Secondary Node synced up but with errors

Hello All,

I hope this forum is being moderated by someone from Adtran support also, but I don't see any activity for a while now, after Evan H moved on.

We have a customer with two Physical VWLAN appliances running 3.2 HA with last patches on them and they are set up in HA. Both master and node show that they too are syched up and if I login to secondary, it does not let me make any configuration changes as should be the case. So we will assume they are in sync and should be good to go. But on Status / Access Points page, I get the Error message against each and every AP "UpdateMd5sum failed: Command Timeout"

If I go back to Master and make some change, I can see that the HA shows message timestamp updated.

The AP licenses are lifetime and show up on both controllers. All APs are joined to primary controller. All APs have both primary and secondary wireless controller IPs configured manually using SSH to port 2335 from day one.

Can someone in support look into this and advise please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: vWLAN HA Setup, Secondary Node synced up but with errors

dspguard this error message is just cosmetic, it is shown as fixed in the vWLAN 4.1.0 release notes at https://supportcommunity.adtran.com/t5/Current-Feature-Release/bd-p/enterprise-wifi-bsap-vwlan-cfr

upgrading from 3.2 to 4.1 will require appliance to have 8GB of RAM, but physical appliances have only 4GB of RAM. So I am not sure if this is the correct upgrade to get rid of the error messages.

If it is a BlueSecure Controller those are EOL in favor of virtual solutions (VMware running vWLAN) https://supportcommunity.adtran.com/t5/Bluesocket-Product-Notices/2014-Q3-Bluesocket-BlueSecure-Cont...

No, this is not bluesecure, but a vWLAN hardware appliance, part number 1700900F2 that Adtran publishes the software images for regularly. This has been discontinued for couple of years now.

You may be able to get away with adding more RAM into the server and upgrading but backup just in case. 😛

Thanks. Being a remote site, I will not be able to do the memory upgrade. SO I guess as long as it is cosmetic and that backup unit will actually work if primary were to go down, then I am not worried.