cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottd91
New Contributor

IP 706 Line 2 Not Ringing

I was recently (a week ago) handed the responsibility of all our phone systems, and I am learning even though I am not a telecom guy, but I am stumped on a certain issue.  I have a user with an IP 706 phone connected to a 7100 router.  The user was set up so if the user was on the phone, it would ring the user's line 2 and the user would be able to answer the call.  Now what happens is that if the user is on the phone and a call comes in, that call goes to another extension.  I can't figure out how to fix this issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IP 706 Line 2 Not Ringing

Scott,

Are you calling that user’s extension directly or a different number like a ring group?

Can you test just by calling that user’s extension directly while he is on the phone and see if you get the same behavior or do you get their voicemail.

Thanks,

-Mark

Mark,

Thank you for responding so quickly.  i am calling the user's extension directly.  Also, I did do a test by calling the user's direct number and then on another phone, calling the same number and i got the same behavior.  the call went to a different extension.  Thanks.

Scott

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scott,

Did the user see the call come up as a second call appearance before it rolled over or did it ring that other call right away?

Are you able to get into the CLI of the 7100?

If so, then go to enable mode which is the # prompt. Then do a “show run voice user ext” where ext is the user’s extension number. Then reply back with the output.

-Mark

no the user didn't see the call before it rolled over.  It rang right away to the other extension.  here is the output.  Thanks.

voice user 1281

connect sip

cos "normal_users"

first-name "Jane"

last-name "Doe"

password "xxxx"

group-ring-call-waiting

coverage global go_to_voicemail

sip-authentication password "xxxxxxxxxxxxx"

codec-list g711_first both

no voicemail new-user

voicemail auth-mode password

voicemail cos normal_voicemail

voicemail password "xxxx"

voicemail notify schedule Sunday 12:00 am

Anonymous
Not applicable

What extension is the one ringing?

Can you do a “show run voice operator-group” and post output

-Mark

it rings to extension 1282 for the second call.

voice operator-group

type all

num-rings 4

voicemail password "1234"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird, the call coverage for the user is set to voicemail via this command “coverage global go_to_voicemail”

Can you run some debug

Debug sip stack messages

Debug voice verbose

Make sure you set your buffer to be very large in your terminal program so you can catch everything. Then place the test call and post debug.

-Mark

Mark,

Sorry for not responding yet. I had to tackle some other tasks and when I tried to place a test call(s), the user wasn’t there. I will hopefully get her in a few minutes or I will try in the morning. Thank you for your help, and I agree, I only know a little, but this issue seems weird.

Scott DeMauro

727-533-2776

Mark,

I set the router up to debug and made a test call.  I called and spoke with the user and while on the phone with her, I called her again from my cell phone.  I attached the log.  Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scott,

Sorry for the delay, I have been out of office teaching a class.

I went over your debug and looks like your fxo 0/2 is routing the call to 1282 when the second call comes in.

Can you post your config of your unit so I can look at it, then I can recommend changes on what you want desired.

Make sure to XXX out passwords.

Here is the debug that shows the call being routed to 2182:

09:44:53.873 TONESERVICES.EVENTS fxo 0/2 - empty - Caller-ID Detection: Request resource

09:44:53.874 TONESERVICES.EVENTS fxo 0/2 - dsp 0/1.2 - Caller-ID Detection: DSP channel allocated for the resource

09:44:53.874 TONESERVICES.EVENTS fxo 0/2 - dsp 0/1.2 - Caller-ID Detection: constructed

09:44:53.874 TONESERVICES.EVENTS fxo 0/2 - dsp 0/1.2 - Caller-ID Detection: starting

09:44:53.874 TONESERVICES.EVENTS fxo 0/2 - dsp 0/1.2 - Caller-ID Detection: TDM map

09:44:53.874 TRKPORT.00:02 00:02  Ringing

09:44:55.746 TRKPORT.00:02 00:02  Reverse Loop Current Feed

09:44:59.622 TRKPORT.00:02 00:02  Ringing

09:44:59.876 TM.T11 01 GetCID - Tism_getCIDResponse(FAIL)

09:44:59.876 TM.T11 01 GetCID -> Calling

09:44:59.877 TONESERVICES.EVENTS fxo 0/2 - dsp 0/1.2 - Caller-ID Detection: stopping

09:44:59.877 TONESERVICES.EVENTS fxo 0/2 - dsp 0/1.2 - Caller-ID Detection: TDM unmap

09:44:59.877 TA.T11 01 TAAppearance         rcvd: inboundCall from TM

09:44:59.877 TA.T11 01 State change      >> TAAppearance->TAInboundCall (TAS_Calling)

09:44:59.878 TA.T11 01 DID not enabled - using trunk-number: 1282

09:44:59.878 TA.T11 01 TAAppearance         sent: call to SB

09:44:59.878 RTP.CHANNEL fxo 0/2 - dsp 0/1.2 - Caller-ID Detection: releasing RTP resource

09:44:59.879 TONESERVICES.EVENTS fxo 0/2 - dsp 0/1.2 - Caller-ID Detection: release

09:44:59.879 SB.CALL 469 Idle Called the call routine with 1282

Thanks,

-Mark

Mark,

I hope the class went well.  Thank you for getting back to me.  Attached is the config.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scott,

Your config has three analog pots line

FXO 0/1 is sending calls to 1281

FXO 0/2 is sending calls to 1282

FXO 1/1 is sending calls to 1283

When inbound calls come in on those trunk lines, it is ringing those three different numbers.

What exactly do you want to happen when calls come inbound?

You could create an all-ring ring that rings all three phones at once when a call comes in, or you could create a hunt ring group, that for example, all inbound calls will ring 1281 first, then 1282, then 1283

Let me know what you want and give you the commands to make those changes.

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scott,

Another options is what we call Key System mode, it is where each phone has all three lines on it, when a call comes in, it rings all three phones, you can put the call on hold and then send a page out and then other person can pick the call up by pressing that line button on their phone. That is another option also, just wanted to inform you of that one also. Very popular in small office environments.

-Mark

Thank you for the information about ringing all three lines.  after calling the use to get more information again, I think I finally got what I need to happen (grrrrrrr!!!!).  I was under the impression, from the user, before that when a call would come into her while she was on the phone, the call would go to her second line and then something "broke" and now when a call came in while she was on the phone, it would automatically ring the other phone.  Well, apparently it was always set up to ring the other phone if a call came in while she was on the phone (as you indicated by what the config said).  The user wants a change made so instead of ringing the other phone when someone calls her it will ring the second line on phone if she's on the phone.  Then she can put the first call on hold and answer the second call.  I am sorry this is seemingly so long winded.  Is it possible to set it up that way and if she doesn't answer the second phone call, it goes to her voice mail?  I don't believe they want all the phones to ring or create a hunt group.  Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that is possible. What about the third line? Do you just want all inbound calls to ring 1281?

-Mark

we don't need to do anything with the third line unless it's easy enough to allow the user to get calls on all three.  We don't want all inbound calls to go to 1281 only the calls that are meant to that number by direct dial or by calling their 888 number.  if someone calls 1282, it should go to his phone still.  does that make sense because after typing this, I am not sure if it does ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scott,

Copy and paste this when you log into the 7100. This change will not affect user to user calls, only inbound calls from the PSTN.

Conf t

Voice trunk T11

Trunk-number 1281

Do wr

After you do that, PSTN lines 0/1 and 0/2 will now ring 1281

If a call comes into the third line, it is configured to ring 1283 the Equipment room, there is a description on that trunk of "2163781897"

Let me know if you want to change the third line on sending it somewhere else.

-Mark

Mark,

I know it's been a while since I've dealt with this issue, but we are a small networking department with a lot of projects going on.  I certainly don't want you to think your help was a waste of time.  I applied your changes and when I tested, the second call did go to her second line and the third call did go to the equipment room.  the issue is yes I would like a third call to go to 1283.  I can change trunk T01 and it will, but the problem I then I have is the user's direct number, 2163781848, no longer rings his phone if someone calls it.  it's very close to set up like they want if I can just figure out the 1848 direct dial issue.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scott,

Sorry for late reply, I have been out of office traveling for work. 

Right now here is your configuration below:

Line 1 - FXO 0/1 is sending calls to 1281

Line 2 - FXO 0/2 is sending calls to 1281

Line 3 - FXO 1/1 is sending calls to 1283 (DID 2163781897)

When you call 2163781848, what line does that come in on? It is not specified in your configuration.

Who’s extension do you want 2163781848 to go to also?

-Mark