cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

IP 706 Line 2 Not Ringing

I was recently (a week ago) handed the responsibility of all our phone systems, and I am learning even though I am not a telecom guy, but I am stumped on a certain issue.  I have a user with an IP 706 phone connected to a 7100 router.  The user was set up so if the user was on the phone, it would ring the user's line 2 and the user would be able to answer the call.  Now what happens is that if the user is on the phone and a call comes in, that call goes to another extension.  I can't figure out how to fix this issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Re: IP 706 Line 2 Not Ringing

Scott,

Are you calling that user’s extension directly or a different number like a ring group?

Can you test just by calling that user’s extension directly while he is on the phone and see if you get the same behavior or do you get their voicemail.

Thanks,

-Mark

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Mark,

Thank you for responding so quickly.  i am calling the user's extension directly.  Also, I did do a test by calling the user's direct number and then on another phone, calling the same number and i got the same behavior.  the call went to a different extension.  Thanks.

Scott

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Scott,

Did the user see the call come up as a second call appearance before it rolled over or did it ring that other call right away?

Are you able to get into the CLI of the 7100?

If so, then go to enable mode which is the # prompt. Then do a “show run voice user ext” where ext is the user’s extension number. Then reply back with the output.

-Mark

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

no the user didn't see the call before it rolled over.  It rang right away to the other extension.  here is the output.  Thanks.

voice user 1281

connect sip

cos "normal_users"

first-name "Jane"

last-name "Doe"

password "xxxx"

group-ring-call-waiting

coverage global go_to_voicemail

sip-authentication password "xxxxxxxxxxxxx"

codec-list g711_first both

no voicemail new-user

voicemail auth-mode password

voicemail cos normal_voicemail

voicemail password "xxxx"

voicemail notify schedule Sunday 12:00 am

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

What extension is the one ringing?

Can you do a “show run voice operator-group” and post output

-Mark

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

it rings to extension 1282 for the second call.

voice operator-group

type all

num-rings 4

voicemail password "1234"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Weird, the call coverage for the user is set to voicemail via this command “coverage global go_to_voicemail”

Can you run some debug

Debug sip stack messages

Debug voice verbose

Make sure you set your buffer to be very large in your terminal program so you can catch everything. Then place the test call and post debug.

-Mark

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Mark,

Sorry for not responding yet. I had to tackle some other tasks and when I tried to place a test call(s), the user wasn’t there. I will hopefully get her in a few minutes or I will try in the morning. Thank you for your help, and I agree, I only know a little, but this issue seems weird.

Scott DeMauro

727-533-2776

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Mark,

I set the router up to debug and made a test call.  I called and spoke with the user and while on the phone with her, I called her again from my cell phone.  I attached the log.  Thanks.

0 Kudos