cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fheckman
New Contributor

IP 706 dial pad not dialing correct number

I have a customer with an IP-706 phone that started today to dial wrong numbers.  Basically, when pressing 0 (zero) the digit 5 (five) is actually dialed.  All other digit buttons work.  I have been given no explanation that anything has happened to the phone.  We are connected to a 7100 and no other phones are having this issue and we have been on the same firmware for sometime and it has been stable.  I have tried rebooting the phone and that has not corrected the issue.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IP 706 dial pad not dialing correct number

Sounds like a problem with the phone's hardware. I'm curious whether the digits * and # are also affected, since they all use the same DTMF low tone component.

If the phone is under warranty, I would contact Adtran Support.

jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: IP 706 dial pad not dialing correct number

Is this only when interacting with an IVR or similar on a connected call, or does it also affect actually placing a SIP call? If it affects placing a SIP call, I concur that it's likely a hardware issue. If calls consistently complete to the correct number but only interacting with an IVR once the call is set up is broken, it could be something in the DTMF handling on the call path, such as RFC2833 vs. inband and/or the codec.