So I have been successful in my installation of Adtran IP 7XX phones on a Mitel 5000 system. Everything seems to be working but I have one last issue to work out. No matter what International dial string I put in (currently I have [1-2]xx|xxxxxxxxxx|8411|8911|911|8011xxxxxxxxxxxx in both DialPlanExternal and DialPlanPbx), after I enter 11 digits I stop hearing the DTMF and the phones seems to send the 11 digits I have dialed up to that point. So I wonder if the phone is looking at the xxxxxxxxxx dial string rather than the 8011xxxxxxxxxxxx dial string. I would think that it would see the 8011 digits and know to use that dial string. Or is there another spot in the phone that caps off the number of digits dialed to 11.
I would consider placing the international dial string before the 8xxxxxxxxxx in the dial plan. The phone will match the first entry in the list that is valaid and then process the call. Is there a different wildcard you can use for the national dial string?
This is the wildcard list from a 7100. If so, modify the dial string to [1-2]xx|Mxxxxxxxxx|8411|8911|911|8011xxxxxxxxxxxx
Also international can be different length stings, so 8011xxx.T would be best. That would allow any length string that start with 8011. This is how I accomplish it on an Adtran 7100.
Luke, Andrew is correct. Using all X's isn't preferred because the dial plan will match the first thing that it sees a match to, which will be your 8XXXXXXXXXX dial plan entry. I would suggest using 8NXXNXXXXXX, which will prevent it from matching this entry first. Thanks
Thanks Andrew, with your help I used this dial plan and it worked, Thanks!
Well I spoke too soon guys. Apparently the user was able to dial international fine but then he couldn't dial anything else. So I had the customer modify the string in the DialPlanExternal and DialPlanPbx field to [1-2]XX|8411|8911|911|8NXXNXXXXXX|8011XXX+T3 and now we get internal extension dialing, 8411 (which I then assume 8911 and 911 works), and international but no 8 plus 10 digit dialing. This string should work so I wonder if there is something else in the phone that needs to be tweaked.