cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mark99k
New Contributor

Keep a user's extension when moving to new jack

Jump to solution

I would've thought this'd be in the user manual, but am having no luck there, or in searches. Two of our staff are moving to another room (in the same suite), where there are now 2 idle phones. How do they do this and keep their extension numbers?  Move their phones?  Reset the phones at the idle extensions?  Some other dance?

The phones are IP 712's.  I see a few mentions of a 'User Accounts' interface, but have no clue where to find that.

Sorry I'm so completely lost on these steps. Grateful for any help.

MT

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Keep a user's extension when moving to new jack

Jump to solution

MT,

Assuming all the rooms in the suite connect to a switch with ports setup in the same manner and communicate with the same DHCP server you should be able to simply move the existing working phones to the new office.  If that does not work there are a lot of factors to inspect (topology, switch configuration, wiring, etc).

Thanks,
Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Keep a user's extension when moving to new jack

Jump to solution

MT,

Assuming all the rooms in the suite connect to a switch with ports setup in the same manner and communicate with the same DHCP server you should be able to simply move the existing working phones to the new office.  If that does not work there are a lot of factors to inspect (topology, switch configuration, wiring, etc).

Thanks,
Matt

0 Kudos