cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bianom
New Contributor

Four Netvanta 150 not being detected by AC (NV1544)

Jump to solution

I have four Netvanta 150 AP's that are not being detected by the access controller (all the equipment is new). They all seem to boot fine, the stat led goes solid green and the eth is blinking green. I already tried in a Netvanta 1534 and a 1544 2nd GEN with different firmware versions. Also tried with POE and external 12V power supply. The AC is enabled, also tried to add the AP by MAC address manually via the web GUI. Nothing seems to work.

I added some screenshots and also some information i got with wireshark. It appears that the AP sends four broadcast packets after booting up with information (hostname, mac address and serial number) but nothing happens after...

Best regards

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bianom
New Contributor

Re: Four Netvanta 150 not being detected by AC (NV1544)

Jump to solution

Thanks vmaxdawg05 for your help,

Thanks to you i saw a thing that firstly passed away. Althought the AC was enabled, i also had to enable on the default VLAN (which was the only one i had) the feature Wireless Control Protocol. As soon as i enabled it the AC started controlling the AP. I remember that in the past this step wasn't necessary, only had to enable the AC.

Thanks for the help.

Best regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I've run into this in the past.    The controlling switch (NV 15XX) must have a VLAN interface enabled, and if the switch ports are Trunked (802.1Q), the native VLAN must match the active VLAN interface).  Since VLAN 1 is the default native vlan, I like to use it for the NV 150 control.

Example:

VLAN Interface:

==================================

Interface vlan 1

ip address 10.10.10.254 255.255.255.0

no shutdown

Switch Interface (trunked):

==================================

interface Gigabit 0/1

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk native vlan 1 (this is not needed unless the desired vlan id is NOT 1)

no shutdown

If you are not trunking the switch ports for the NV150's, you just need to make sure the the are accessing a VLAN id that the controlling NetVanta 15XX switch has a VLAN interface enabled.

I hope this helps.

bianom
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Thanks vmaxdawg05 for your help,

Thanks to you i saw a thing that firstly passed away. Althought the AC was enabled, i also had to enable on the default VLAN (which was the only one i had) the feature Wireless Control Protocol. As soon as i enabled it the AC started controlling the AP. I remember that in the past this step wasn't necessary, only had to enable the AC.

Thanks for the help.

Best regards

0 Kudos