cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NetVanta 150 not being discovered

Jump to solution

I just received a replacement NetVanta 150 after RMAing one of mine.  When I plug it into the 3120 that is managing the wireless APs, it is not being discovered?  Any tricks that I can try to get this working?

Thanks,

Kurt

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NetVanta 150 not being discovered

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  First, I would recommend plugging the NetVanta 150 access point (AP) directly into the ADTRAN controller unit, to see if something between the units is blocking the AWCP traffic.  If the AP is still not discovered, then I would recommend manually adding the AP's MAC address into the ADTRAN controller unit.  In the CLI, this can be achieved via the following commands:

interface dot11ap <AP/radio.vap> ap-type nv150

access-point mac-address <MAC ADDRESS>

In the web interface this can be done by going to Wireless > APs/Radios/VAPs > Add New AP

For further reference you can reference the AOS Wireless Configuration guide.

I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to reply to this post with any additional questions or information.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.ap

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  First, I would recommend plugging the NetVanta 150 access point (AP) directly into the ADTRAN controller unit, to see if something between the units is blocking the AWCP traffic.  If the AP is still not discovered, then I would recommend manually adding the AP's MAC address into the ADTRAN controller unit.  In the CLI, this can be achieved via the following commands:

interface dot11ap <AP/radio.vap> ap-type nv150

access-point mac-address <MAC ADDRESS>

In the web interface this can be done by going to Wireless > APs/Radios/VAPs > Add New AP

For further reference you can reference the AOS Wireless Configuration guide.

I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to reply to this post with any additional questions or information.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.ap

Levi

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi