cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
douglas_evans
New Contributor

Netvanta 160 AP and Avaya 3641/3645 802.11 Handsets

Is there any information on successfully implementing Avaya 3641/3645 802.11 Handsets with Netvanta 160 Access Points.

Adtran is not “View” certified from Polycom(Spectralink), but does support the WMM standard.

Thank you

DJE

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Netvanta 160 AP and Avaya 3641/3645 802.11 Handsets

Thank you for asking this question in the Support Community.  I do not have any experience testing with Polycom Spectralinks, but ADTRAN supports WMM and the required standards for them to function properly.

Please, let me know if you have any additional questions or information.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

While the NV160 supports WMM, and the controlling device will definitely handle QoS, the only real concern you should have is roaming from one AP to another.  If you have multiple NV160(s) and the user travels beyond reach of it's currently connected AP, it will drop the connection and immediately connect to the closest AP.  A call may be dropped, or may suffer voice quality degradation during the disconnect and connect time.  I've been told it only takes about 50ms for that to happen.  True roaming works great, but I've only seen it on the BlueSocket line.  It's funny, because the NV160 and the BSAP 1800 are the exact same hardware.  Way different firmware and control though.  I've had both here in my facility.  They're both great products.  If roaming becomes an issue, Adtran will probably take your NV160's for trade-in towards BlueSocket AP's.  The ProCloud management is pretty cool too.  Check with a local dealer (unless you are a dealer) or their website if you are interested.  The NV160 is a solid AP, and will probably work well for your application.  I just wanted to let you know that the BlueSocket solution is my first choice for supporting VoIP applications because of the more granular QoS roaming support.  BlueSocket is much more affordable now that Adtran has made ProCloud management available.

I hope this helps.

R\

Thank you for the information. I believe the reason Bluesocket is not certified on the Polycom(Spectralink) is because Polycom requires 40ms for the roam.

DJE

Anonymous
Not applicable

:

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered." If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi