cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tanstaafl
New Contributor

1224R throws 503 error when configuring port forwarding

Jump to solution

I'm trying to port forward 8080 from public to an internal ip address on port 80.

When I go through the web interface, I get all the way to the 'Add New Policy to Security Zone', select the internal IP address, protocal and port 8080.  Click on apply and get the 503 server error.  From testing it looks like it only happens on the 'Port Forward' policy.  I found the problem on 13.13.00 build, upgraded to 13.15.00 and am still seeing the problem.

I have NATs running just fine

This is the first time I've used this feature in several years, does a walk through exist for command line?

Let me know if you need anything else.

ADTRAN, Inc. OS version 13.15.00

Checksum: 5F8F900D, built on Mon Jan 30 08:45:47 2012

Upgrade key: f558ffca40262074a0c384854606ec8e

Boot ROM version 06.03.00

Checksum: 6252, built on: Wed May 26 16:06:55 2004

Copyright (c) 1999-2004, ADTRAN, Inc.

Platform: NetVanta 1224R, part number 1200510L1

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 1224R throws 503 error when configuring port forwarding

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community, and I'm sorry for the trouble you are experiencing.  I've testing this in both AOS 13.14.00 and 13.15.00 and it worked without any problems.  It could be something with your PC or browser.  Have you tried a different one?

Here is the configuration guides for setup up a port forward in the CLI:

[video] Configuring Port Forwarding in AOS

Port Forwarding Quick Configuration Guide

Also, here is a sample configuration of a port forward with port translation:

ip access-list extended PORT-FORWARD

permit tcp any  <AOS UNIT'S PUBLIC IP ADDRESS> eq 8080  log

!

ip policy-class PUBLIC-POLICY-CLASS-NAME

nat destination list PORT-FORWARD address <PRIVATE IP ADDRESS> port 80

I hope that makes sense, but please don't hesitate to reply to this post with any addtional questions or information.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community, and I'm sorry for the trouble you are experiencing.  I've testing this in both AOS 13.14.00 and 13.15.00 and it worked without any problems.  It could be something with your PC or browser.  Have you tried a different one?

Here is the configuration guides for setup up a port forward in the CLI:

[video] Configuring Port Forwarding in AOS

Port Forwarding Quick Configuration Guide

Also, here is a sample configuration of a port forward with port translation:

ip access-list extended PORT-FORWARD

permit tcp any  <AOS UNIT'S PUBLIC IP ADDRESS> eq 8080  log

!

ip policy-class PUBLIC-POLICY-CLASS-NAME

nat destination list PORT-FORWARD address <PRIVATE IP ADDRESS> port 80

I hope that makes sense, but please don't hesitate to reply to this post with any addtional questions or information.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

It's not browser specific.  A 500 error is always something on the server side. 

The error occurs when you the 'Forward only traffic specified below with port translation' and don't provide a private port.

The issueis that the 'Private Port' box is located above the selection, so if you don't go backwards you miss that box, and when you hit apply it errors.  The 'Private Port' box should be next to or below the selection so the programming of the port is more intuitive and flows from top to bottom.

An error check on that page would help and prompt the user to enter the private port before making the changes.

Thanks for the command line help, I don't use it enough anymore to remember all the programming steps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for providing the additional information, as I misunderstood your previous post.  Yes, you are correct, in that version of firmware, if you select "Forward only specified traffic below with port translation" and do not input a private port, the GUI will produce a server error.  In newer versions of firmware, this user input error has been alleviated by an error message on the screen prompting the user to input a private port number. 

Unfortunately, the NetVanta 1224 series of switches have been discontinued and software development has been frozen for that product line. 

Two workarounds for this server error exist:

1. Input the private port number in the GUI before pressing "Apply"
  2. Configure the port forward with port translation in the CLI

Levi 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Levi