cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rvaughn
New Contributor

1224ST vlan Configuration

Jump to solution

Our customer has 3 1224STs connecting back to a Brocade ICX-6450.  The 6450 is the main switch that handles all the routing.  The vlans are defined as VLAN 1 data and VLAN 10 voice.  We need to know how the 1224STs handle VLAN 1 currently.  The port that is connected back to the Brocade is setup as:

interface gigabit-eth 0/2

no shutdown

switchport mode trunk

qos trust cos

Does the 1224 send and allow vlan 10 tagged packets and at the same time send and allow untagged packets for vlan 1?  If that is the case is there any documentation proving this?  Do Adtrans act just how Cisco handles vlan 1?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 1224ST vlan Configuration

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  By default, a trunk port allows all configured VLANs, and VLAN 1 is native, and therefore, untagged.  All of these settings can be modified, but those are the defaults, which appears how the port is configured in the output you presented.  I do not know of any ADTRAN specific documentation for this, but these settings are standards based.

Please, do not hesitate to reply with any questions or additional information.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  By default, a trunk port allows all configured VLANs, and VLAN 1 is native, and therefore, untagged.  All of these settings can be modified, but those are the defaults, which appears how the port is configured in the output you presented.  I do not know of any ADTRAN specific documentation for this, but these settings are standards based.

Please, do not hesitate to reply with any questions or additional information.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi