cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luke_shelton
New Contributor

Automated switch backups - NV1234, NV1238, etc

Jump to solution

We have many switches out in the field and would like to automate the config backup process.  Currently most of our access switches are NV1234 & NV1238.  Can somebody give me some assistance in achieving this?  We have the resources to set up servers in our core if needed.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Automated switch backups - NV1234, NV1238, etc

Jump to solution

The easy, but initially costly way to manage your configurations and firmware is with n-Command (P/N 1700842G1).  I would only recommed this if you have many NetVanta devices deployed.

If all you are trying to do is backup a handful of switches on a regular basis, that can be accomplished by scripting and using schedules and tracks.  That would allow you to copy your startup-config file to a tftp destination on a regular schedule.  In a perfect world, the 123X devices would have USB ports for saving config files. 

It will take some experimenting, but once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad.

See the link below:

R\

https://supportforums.adtran.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadBody/1662-102-2-1711/Configuring%20TCL%...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The easy, but initially costly way to manage your configurations and firmware is with n-Command (P/N 1700842G1).  I would only recommed this if you have many NetVanta devices deployed.

If all you are trying to do is backup a handful of switches on a regular basis, that can be accomplished by scripting and using schedules and tracks.  That would allow you to copy your startup-config file to a tftp destination on a regular schedule.  In a perfect world, the 123X devices would have USB ports for saving config files. 

It will take some experimenting, but once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad.

See the link below:

R\

https://supportforums.adtran.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadBody/1662-102-2-1711/Configuring%20TCL%...

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor