Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luke_shelton
New Contributor

Creating a read-only user for the GUI/Web Interface

Jump to solution

All,

Our company is having a third party take care of all tech support, and I need to set up read only accounts for the GUI on our switches (1234 & 1238).  We use TACACS for command line, but I'm wondering if you can do this for the GUI?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creating a read-only user for the GUI/Web Interface

Jump to solution

- Unfortunately, restricted access in AOS can only be configured for CLI using a TACACs server. At the time of this post, there is no way to make GUI access read-only.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Noor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

- Unfortunately, restricted access in AOS can only be configured for CLI using a TACACs server. At the time of this post, there is no way to make GUI access read-only.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Noor

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Ok, thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor