cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjj4golf
New Contributor

Can't sign on to Netvanta 1234P

I have been trying to config a guest network using a Ubiquiti USG 3p router, AP AC Pro's, and the 1234P switch.  Trying to use vlan for the guest and was doing some config and experimenting on the switch.  I am not exactly sure what I did but the non-guest network(wireless) is on 192.168.0.x and the guest is 192.168.3.x.  The switch has an address of 192.168.0.2 and I was able to login as the admin using that address-- but I can't anymore.  Is there an alternate way to get in to the switch?

I really don't want to reset the thing because I don't have a backup nor do I have a copy of the current config.

mike

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Can't sign on to Netvanta 1234P

You can connect to the console port with a DB-9 serial cable. Configure your terminal for 9600-N-8-1. This should get you to the CLI where you can log in, fix the problem, and back up the configuration.

If you locked yourself out with a configuration command and you weren't able to save the configuration, a simple power-cycle will cause the switch to reboot with the last saved configuration.

Re: Can't sign on to Netvanta 1234P

Thanks for the reply.  I was able to use Putty to get into the CLI.  Now I have to find the cmd to backup and look at the config.

MJ